keyboard shortcuts

Started by agent_orange, April 11, 2008, 08:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 11, 2008, 09:06:13 AMIf you click show set, and can figure out a way to add it to the text file and then get Indesign to recognize it, but I couldnt get Indesign to recognize.

I've tried doing the same thing, using CS1, adding custom shortcuts to the text file...doesn't work.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

agent_orange

yeah, i could use the default but for a few commands i like my own. For example, my new shortcut for preflight/package is ctrl+p(reflight). It's easier to remember and only two keys. Not that I can't remember/type three or four keys at a time, although I am prepress so it may be suspect...

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 11, 2008, 10:05:33 AM
Quote from: Joe  on April 11, 2008, 10:03:38 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 09:44:39 AMYeah... I thought about that. I was going to make a shortcut strictly to package to use it when I'm done with a job as the first step in archiving. Since the job has already been output there's no need to preflight, it's already been done, but I guess it won't kill me to take an extra second or two. Thanks, DCS, line me up on a Guinness...

Or you could just remember the default shortcut of SHIFT+OPTION+COMMAND+P. :laugh:

You know Joe, I thought the same thing, but Agent wants to change it, and it is weird Adobe didn't stick it in there without Preflighting.

Well okay, if you must...

Make a copy of your "Default.indk" in the ID app folder/Presets/InDesign Shortcut Sets. Name it something like MyCustomSet.indk. Now open that file in Text Editor or any text editing application. Search for "Package" and change the shortcut here:

<shortcut>
<action-id value="0x9c00 + 2" name="kPackageActionID"></action-id>
<context>DefaultContext</context>
<string>Opt+Shift+Cmd+P</string>
</shortcut>

Save the file. Restart InDesign and change your shortcut set to MyCustomSet.indk. The shortcut should now be change to whatever you set it to. Just make sure you don't set it to something that is already being used.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 10:21:11 AMyeah, i could use the default but for a few commands i like my own. For example, my new shortcut for preflight/package is ctrl+p(reflight). It's easier to remember and only two keys. Not that I can't remember/type three or four keys at a time, although I am prepress so it may be suspect...

so then what's your shortcut for "print"?  :tongue:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

agent_orange

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 11, 2008, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 10:21:11 AMyeah, i could use the default but for a few commands i like my own. For example, my new shortcut for preflight/package is ctrl+p(reflight). It's easier to remember and only two keys. Not that I can't remember/type three or four keys at a time, although I am prepress so it may be suspect...

cmd+opt+shift+ctrl+p+tap foot
kidding... it's cmd+p

DigitalCrapShoveler

Good post Joe, I will have to remember that. Of course with all the default shortcuts I know, there isn't much room left upstairs for any more, especially custom ones.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 10:36:19 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 11, 2008, 10:34:38 AM

cmd+opt+shift+ctrl+p+tap foot
kidding... it's cmd+p

hahaha  shit..   I read your post as cmd+p  shit..  ignore the man in the clown car please, thank you.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigitalCrapShoveler

Whoa, whoa, PB... pass that thing and quit trying to read with your eyes that closed. I could blindfold you with dental floss.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

K-E-Y-B-O-A-R-D   S-H-O-R-T-C-U-T-S

:police: :police: :police:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

That's okay DCS...I know it's hard to go cold turkey. :laugh:

agent_orange, did the above method work for you?

agent_orange

Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1460.msg21446#msg21446 date=1207933734That's okay DCS...I know it's hard to go cold turkey. :laugh:

Yep... thanks for the help, Joe. No hat trick for me today.

Joe

Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 11:34:25 AM
Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1460.msg21446#msg21446 date=1207933734That's okay DCS...I know it's hard to go cold turkey. :laugh:

Yep... thanks for the help, Joe. No hat trick for me today.

Don't give up. It's still early. :wink: