News:

Main Menu

Set trim in Quickruns

Started by elko, May 10, 2012, 11:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi all. I have PS 10 and I need an advice how to add "set trim box (to selected object) " into a quickrun. I need to select an object and run a quickrun. Now i have to make two steps: set trim (alt+ctrl+t) and quickrun. I ve found "set trim box" in global change but it doesnt work as "alt+ctrl+t". It would be really useful for my routine jobs.

Thanx for any idea.

elko

Grimace

Quote from: elko on May 10, 2012, 11:29:09 PMHi all. I have PS 10 and I need an advice how to add "set trim box (to selected object) " into a quickrun. I need to select an object and run a quickrun. Now i have to make two steps: set trim (alt+ctrl+t) and quickrun. I ve found "set trim box" in global change but it doesnt work as "alt+ctrl+t". It would be really useful for my routine jobs.

Thanx for any idea.

elko

Been a long time since I've used CS (PS 10) but i have never heard of "quickrun".

Upgrade to CS6 is Adobe's suggestion though.

David

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Pitstop X (v 10) not Photoshop.
Quickruns are actions that are set to run with the click of the button, sometimes.

Not sure on the question tho, I'll have to check and get back.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Grimace

Quote from: david on May 11, 2012, 09:58:00 AMI'm pretty sure he's referring to Pitstop X (v 10) not Photoshop.
Quickruns are actions that are set to run with the click of the button, sometimes.

Derp! I didn't even look at what section this was in.
Still, upgrading to CS6 is always the solution from now on.

Duffy

Quote from: Grimace on May 11, 2012, 10:13:28 AM
Quote from: david on May 11, 2012, 09:58:00 AMI'm pretty sure he's referring to Pitstop X (v 10) not Photoshop.

:goodpost: :lmao:
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

abc

@Elko
at drupa at the moment, so just catching up
Could you explain the problem with Quick Runs?
You can add actions, global changes and preflight profiles into Quickruns, so I'm not sure if your problem is making the Quick Run, or getting it to work as you intended?

elko

Quote from: abc on May 12, 2012, 01:14:46 AM@Elko
at drupa at the moment, so just catching up
Could you explain the problem with Quick Runs?
You can add actions, global changes and preflight profiles into Quickruns, so I'm not sure if your problem is making the Quick Run, or getting it to work as you intended?

yes I can add actions, global changes and preflights but i didnt find any action, global change or preflight that should work as "set trim box" (alt+ctr+T) in PitStop pro / object menu. I am using Quickruns pretty often to make routine in one step. I need to select an object and use the Quickrun (1step: set trimbox to the object, 2step: setcrop box to trimbox and so on.......)

Quote from: Grimace on May 11, 2012, 10:13:28 AM

:toaster:...CS6...too powerful weapon in my arms  :)

abc

@elko
I had a quick look on the last day of drupa when it was slow, but I couldn't find anything to match the menu item in actions or global changes.
I'll ask on Monday and try and get a definitive answer and post it, if it's not there I will write a feature request

elko

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

abc

oohh! my ears were burning!

We had a look at drupa and couldn't find it, so I just double checked internally - at the moment it's not possible.

You can do it through the menu item, or even via the inspector but you can't do it in an action list/global change

PitStop Product Manager has been informed and it will be added to the feature list.

I will post if there is any news