Mail Houses

Started by DigiCorn, May 10, 2017, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Either way, Gins, you sound like a competent operator... I imagine you would learn any software you decided you wanted to. I think anyone who has a good computing base and a fair amount of OCD can do well with any of it.  :rotf: 

My Wife shared a silly internet test that said she was 100% OCD... I offered her a job.  :tongue: 

I wish! The woman is a serious computer tech herself.... actually kinda proves the point too... she is a mill production officer and was production cdr for a major communications mfgr. She specializes in software like Syspro, which is that industry's version of the print workflow. I bet she would figure the prepress thing out quickly. It would be the inaccurate job tickets that would get her. Right Farabomb!?! Put the info on the jacket!
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

No one, anywhere is "happy" doing prepress.  :shoots_self:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Not true. I am happy as hell everyday I punch out. :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

You :drunk3: just :drunk3: have :drunk3: to :drunk3: make :drunk3: it :drunk3: happy.... :drunk3:

Farabomb

You're leaving Joe, you're no longer doing prepress. That doesn't count.

I wouldn't waste good booze drinking at work.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

No....

I only have it at night....

(all night).

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 17, 2017, 07:19:34 AMYou're leaving Joe, you're no longer doing prepress. That doesn't count.

Yeah but there is that short burst of euphoria when I am walking to the time clock still in prepress. I imagine it feels like shooting up heroine. Speaking of which....our local number one drug problem here is heroine. It overtook meth recently.

Farabomb

H is no joke. It's been a major issue up by me for a while. It overtook meth a long way back. That's the fault of the pharma companies that were pushing opiates for years and now we have a bunch of junkies that can't handle their shit that got turned on by their doctors. What's depressing is I have severe joint issues and I have to FIGHT to get any sort of pain meds. The junkies have no issues getting their fix while I get to sit in a ball some days because my joints feel like they're filled with glass. My knee hasn't worked in 2 years now and every time I go to the doc they're just worried about my BP. Yes it's elevated I'm in pain on a daily basis. Maybe sort that and see if my BP goes down.

I don't get that feeling Joe, I don't punch a clock.  >:(

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Farabomb on May 17, 2017, 07:19:34 AMYou're leaving Joe, you're no longer doing prepress. That doesn't count.

Joe is leaving?? Can't be true.

Possum

Oh, HELL, no. You can't leave prepress. It'll haunt you in your dreams. You'll have JPEGs chasing you in your sleep.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Chill guys, I meant leaving work for the day...

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 17, 2017, 08:26:03 AMChill guys, I meant leaving work for the day...

I have to admit leaving for good sounds nice too.

Farabomb

I think that on a daily basis but I like shelter and food.

And beer.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Yeah I am pretty sure I would fail at being a homeless person.

Possum

Woah, guys, you had me skeered for a minute.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.