That rogue interaction..,PitStop/Output Preview/Comments pane

Started by frailer, July 11, 2017, 07:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

My compadre here is double-checking an 88 pp job which we do yearly, and involves many ads from entities in the national entertainment industry.
He's just picked up one of those rogue ooops panes plonked there, (before it went anywherer). He's deleted it, but is now trying to replicate how he did it. I can't for the life of me remember how it happens. Someone here will know...as they'll still feel the pain of it.

.... mate here reckons this is how you disable it.

View> Comment. Annotations> (side menu)> Filter Comments> Hide All Comments
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

You can right click and then click delete for the little green stickies if that is what you are talking about.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Yep. We can, and did, do that. But my new mate here had done something in PitStop, AFAIC make out, and he picked up its presence on a double check.

It's that ole Output Preview interacting with PitStop bug that Adobe has chosen to do nothing about, I believe.

It may have gone away with new versions.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 12, 2017, 04:15:27 PMYep. We can, and did, do that. But my new mate here had done something in PitStop, AFAIC make out, and he picked up its presence on a double check.

It's that ole Output Preview interacting with PitStop bug that Adobe has chosen to do nothing about, I believe.

It may have gone away with new versions.  :undecided:

It isn't a bug. It is a feature. Just ask Adobe.  >:(  And no it is still there. They are automatically created if you have Output Preview open and hold the shift key down and click anywhere with the mouse.

frailer

Thanks for that. Wasn't sure exactly what it was. Leaves a wide field for fuckups, doesn't it...

If you don't need Annotations/comments (we in pp mostly don't), then whadya reckon about the 'Prevention' steps above?

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 12, 2017, 04:24:58 PMThanks for that. Wasn't sure exactly what it was. Leaves a wide field for fuckups, doesn't it...

If you don't need Annotations/comments (we in pp mostly don't), then whadya reckon about the 'Prevention' steps above?

I haven't tried it but they are comments. They shouldn't print if you leave them there. (Famous last words!)

frailer

I thought, for some reason, those things rendered... a relief; seems not.

Pre-rendered vs. post-rendered.

Joe

I didn't think they would render. They are just annoying, And what is really annoying is that you can't shift+click to add to an already existing selection if you have Output Preview open. You have to close Output Preview and then you can shift+click again. But as soon as you decide to open Output Preview again be prepared for the crash that is coming your way.

Farabomb

I've run jobs through with comments and I don't remember them being an issue.

Then again my workflow is from when shag carpet was still in style.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job