Placing Multi Page PDF

Started by Stiv, July 29, 2009, 03:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

I remember seeing something like this on a Forum somewhere but I cannot find it.

I need the script for placing multiple page PDFs that flows the PDF out, instead of clicking each page into position.

Anyone care to share?

S

macphenom

CS4

Path=   Window>Automation>Scripts>Application>Samples>Javascript>PlaceMultipagePDF.jsx

Stiv

Duh oh!

Thanks mac. Works pretty slick, I just placed a 504pg while I was napping working hard.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the zoo.

Skryber

I've used this for the 1st time just now. Oh how sweet it is.  :kiss:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Repro Man

How about in CS2 for a stone-age Repro Man like myself?

(Not by choice...)
F*@k it!! I'll do it for free then!! Bloody salesmen...

almaink

I use CS2 as well even tho I have CS3 and CS4. Both CS3 and CS4 have issues with FPO comments in PDF's is why I don't use them even tho Adobe tells me they have changed nothing. Here are two place scripts for CS2.
http://b3.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/cs2pdfplace577a2.zip
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Repro Man

F*@k it!! I'll do it for free then!! Bloody salesmen...

frailer

Am starting to use this a bit. What are the tricks to getting the PDFs to centre properly? Run an EAL on 'em before placing, then run the Script? Or set up the Media Box to match?
Also, I seem to be getting a 'run-on' of unwanted pages. Am set up properly in advance, as far as I can tell.    :undecided:

...I think the answer might be to use this instead.   PDF Import/Place  It's got the 9-point placement buttons.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

see the center button on the right? you can place the page either center, left, right. etc...
you can also scale all the pages at once, see button on bottom left.

frailer

Yep, at least an interface for adjusting. Haven't tried it yet...manana.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

The pdf multipage import script that comes with cs5 and 6,
I don't see an options to size or move placement, missing something?

Skryber

Quote from: Tracy on May 22, 2013, 12:22:52 PMThe pdf multipage import script that comes with cs5 and 6,
I don't see an options to size or move placement, missing something?
After placing the pdf I use Adjust layout script for moving. In points. There's another thread about this. I'll see if I can find it.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Slappy

I still use the "PDF Multipage Import (OSX)" mini-App that's from 2003. Works great in CS6!

(We're still using 10.6.8 here, not sure if it will work in 10.7 or 10.8)
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

t-pat

I use this script MultiPageImporter2.5JJB.jsx (attached) which gives you placement options, reverse order of pages, offsets, what box to use, etc.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Tracy

nice! thanks Guys!

Slappy I thought I tried that one but I'm not sure if it works with Lion