InDesign CC Highlight Text Color

Started by Slappy, January 09, 2014, 10:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

This is irritating, when I select text in a box, apparently it uses the setting in System Preferences->General->Highlight Color which is easy enough to change.

BUT,when I'm trying to match a font for size, positioning etc. by overlaying that text box onto an existing PDF - I can't see through the highlight! So it requires a constant highlight, change text, click off, re-highlight, adjust text, rinse lather & repeat.

How fucking stupid is this??  :hangme:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Can't you just select the text box with the select object tool and hold the mouse down for about 3 seconds before moving it and then drag it around so it is transparent and you can see through it. Or am I missing the point of your problem?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Whenever I'm doing that, I don't highlight the text at all - instead, I select the text box using the Selection tool and open up the Character palette and make my changes so it affects the entire text box contents (of course, this won't work if all the text isn't the same).
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

This is a new feature? I've always done what Curry does. I didn't even know you could change the highlighting or hide it like in PS (cmd-H)
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Quote from: DCurry on January 09, 2014, 12:42:21 PMWhenever I'm doing that, I don't highlight the text at all - instead, I select the text box using the Selection tool and open up the Character palette and make my changes so it affects the entire text box contents (of course, this won't work if all the text isn't the same).
Yup, and for things like business cards there are almost always 2-3 different type sizes within a text box. But that's good to know, I never tried it that way!

Oh, and does this reply on the Adobe forum seem a tad prickish? Not sure who this guy replying is, one of their Adobe Enthusiasts or something maybe. Feel free to weigh in, don't think I'm going to bother.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.