News:

Main Menu

Lousy Word file!

Started by jimking, October 18, 2007, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Ok, I've got these lousy word files, it's an invite package for a cheap Congressman, terrible design. There is this block of text on the invite card with a border around it, and it will not print to a laser printer. When making a pdf, it does not show up. Other text and elements print and pdfs but not this box with text. The frame and text is editable. Anyone got a clue?   >:(

born2print

Can you reproduce the border in another app?
Then: word .pdf + new border in InDy?

Scan supplied laser if any??

Open in Publisher???
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

jimking

Quote from: born2print on October 18, 2007, 11:35:10 AMCan you reproduce the border in another app?
Then: word .pdf + new border in InDy?

Scan supplied laser if any??

Open in Publisher???
No, the frame and text in the frame is suppressed somehow. When making the pdf from word it is only this element (frame and text) that doesn't appear. In Word you can view what's going to print and it shows you a large thumbnail and even here it doesn't show up. If I could just print it out I'd scan at a high res and place, but Noooooooooo.

MonkeyBoy

Can ya post it? Maybe I can take a whack at it.

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

Joe

My guess is that it is some WordArt piece of dung. Sometimes they print...sometimes they don't. You might be able to get it to print if you have a good quality non-postscript printer to print it to.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

Quote from: Joe on October 18, 2007, 12:54:32 PMMy guess is that it is some WordArt piece of dung. Sometimes they print...sometimes they don't. You might be able to get it to print if you have a good quality non-postscript printer to print it to.
Thanks everyone for the help. I think you're right, Joe. I did get the file to work only after seperating the text from that border. Once I did that, I made a pdf, placed it in with the other pdfs in Indy, added a border to the text and off it went. Hate word. :P

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Good deal. I had 1 more idea (that I used just yesterday) that word dung (aka embedded meta data) can sometimes be copied from word and pasted in AI, then proceed yadda-yadda.
Glad you found a solution!

jimking

Quote from: born2print on October 18, 2007, 01:13:12 PMGood deal. I had 1 more idea (that I used just yesterday) that word dung (aka embedded meta data) can sometimes be copied from word and pasted in AI, then proceed yadda-yadda.
Glad you found a solution!
I bet if we had a non-postscript printer (as Joe stated) that turkey would have printed, not pdfed but printed.

born2print

You know it! That's how the "artists" get their laser out.

ninjaPB_43

hahaha, Gnub, you are a riot and a half.   ;D
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

born2print

Quote from: NinjaPB_43 on October 18, 2007, 02:27:34 PMhahaha, Gnub, you are a riot and a half.   ;D
F!
Forbidden! Damnit!

jezza

Quote from: born2printF!
Forbidden! Damnit!

This makes no sense to me Born. What is forbidden? PM me if it is!
one sick prepress mofo

born2print

I'm at work Jez, restricted site(s) by some sort of corporate filter.
I can always look these up later at home, but it kind of looses steam by then. Oh well! Cheers! (It's afternoon tea time here)