Why isn't KO giving me white box?

Started by frailer, January 02, 2017, 06:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Normally, this would be a no-brainer. I have to convert the process blue to Spot and redo the plates, (roller marking.. :rolleyes:  )

It's already set to KO in Inspector, but when 'Hide Selected' for image, getting blue underneath. In its original form, XMF is honouring that KO, as plates are good.   :banghead:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

I think because when you hide the image you are hiding the knockout too. Looking at the one with the image it does not appear the image is overprinting that dark blue.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks Joe. (resurfaced here... like a feckin wombat from a burrow.)

My problem is that I've had to convert that process blue to a spot, as they're getting roller marks in the solid... :rolleyes:

They are running separate passes. If they were doing it in one pass, I'd have got away with it. As it is, I've had to delete all but colour pics..--> plates
Then delete pics.. --> Spot plate(s) (2, as they're running 2 for ink coverage etc..
But when I delete the pics, no white boxes, so no good.

Normally, in PitStop, you'd delete the pics and there's be white boxes... not with this one. Got a feeling this is gonna be a Homer, but I cretaed 2 rectangles in PitStop, sized exactly, and place them under the pics, but above the Spot.

I'll go back calmly and find it was unnecessary now, I know it....

BRB... at some stage. Welcome to 2017....  :death:

Oh, I'll upload that PDF page (front).. maybe
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Why delete the pick before output? Just output the spot plate with the image still in it. Should have the knockout in it unless I am missing something?

And yes....Happy New Year!

Farabomb

That's something that should be the first thing that pops in your head but for some reason it doesn't. Unless the images have a spot element and that's highly unlikely that should give you what you need.

I was thinking a white box, maybe go back to the natives if you have them but Joe's option is the simplest and easiest way.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

The problem with the white box is that the spot won't be trapped to the image.

Farabomb

Another good point. Not that it would matter, the press crew will manage to screw it up somehow.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on January 03, 2017, 09:17:34 AMAnother good point. Not that it would matter, the press crew will manage to screw it up somehow.

And then blame it on prepress. >:(

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Quote from: Joe on January 02, 2017, 08:54:40 PMWhy delete the pick before output? Just output the spot plate with the image still in it. Should have the knockout in it unless I am missing something?

And yes....Happy New Year!
It's possible I'm just hearing my fuckwit alarm going off. Off to investigate. Be right back...

frailer

Well, combo of old age + 10 days off... over thunk it..started pulling stuff apart..throwing stuff out. :-[
Print result is OK, though ....  :relieved:

Shall we 'move on' now?

Joe