News:

Main Menu

Move Text Close to Edge

Started by Slappy, January 12, 2017, 09:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

I've got a horrible catalog, generated by some online design-it-yourself site, and I've managed to wrangle all the color/bleed issues so far, but there are several pages with price charts like the attached where it's way too close to the trim, especially with the pushout. Any Actions I can modify to move all of it a good 1/8" away from the respective Trim Box? Hoping it helps that the prices are separate items fro the descriptions further in the page so any Move Action won't mess up the rest of the copy.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

None that I know of. Maybe ABC will pop in and show us a way.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Kind of thinking "no" since I can't Select Text by font/size as there's more of it in the same doc. I'd almost have to define a certain area, within X inches of the Trim, and then Move by X inches In/Out.

I'll do it manually, it's only a 36pg catalog and at least the price charts aren't on all of the pages.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

Scale page content and move page content? (right, left whatever)

Sounds a little too simple of an answer but i have done this before.

:drunk3:

Slappy

Maybe, I just finished tweaking it all by hand - not too horrible! It only has to be "close" anyway. Even the client said "Most of them will end up in the trash before day's end" so I feel pretty good.  ::)

almaink

Not a wiz with actions and the like but this might be an easy fix.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

abc

Can you post a sample page or two, so I can take a look.
It's all going to be about being able to select the right elements.

Slappy

Sorry, I checked out! I'll post something on Dropbox & PM ya, if you're feeling chippy.

Slappy

abc, any chance you've seen that file and have any ideas? I've got a 3rd screwed up PDF here I now have to spend a few hours fixing, unless there's some magic! Ugh.

:shoots_self: