XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Slide the density slider and it will allow the other side to show through.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

frailer

Quote from: Joe on February 05, 2014, 02:12:44 PMSlide the density slider and it will allow the other side to show through.

Man, you have been toolin'    :laugh:  Got in before I woke up.    :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Today is my first day alone, yesterday was a bit of a freakout, problems with the imagesetter.
My first call to fuji went well tho.

Tracy

To fix white overprints do you use this? (screen shot)

or do you fix with a pitstop action
any overprint white problems?

frailer

We have 'Force Knockout of CMYK White Objects' checked as default. It's very rare you would want to uncheck it. You can pretty much kiss the disappearing KO-but-OP'd white logos and stuff goodbye.
If you watch the progress log, you'll see it spend a little time doing just that; trawling the job looking to find/fix any.    :cool:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Tracy

Thanks Frailer, Trainer was leary of it but I will keep an eye out for any problems
how would you set that globally?

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on February 06, 2014, 01:24:47 PMThanks Frailer, Trainer was leary of it but I will keep an eye out for any problems
You should be able to set it in Administration / Templates/ Job Templates/ (enter the edit menu) and set Overprint setting from there.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

As per the PM, here's a few shots of doing a ganged-up job. There may be other ways in xMF, but this works for me.
We had two additions of cards to this job. The ones either side, and the ones at the top. You could do it as a W&T inside XMF, but I prefer to 'see' the Flatwork as W&T. Just make sure it works as such. You can work out what's best as you ease into it.
So, the original, Shot1, was awaiting approval. Then they added 2 rounds more to the existing impo. So, each time ---> next post...

frailer

..the other 2 elements.

frailer

Each time you add a Sig element, go to 'Copy', (you can choose whatever element you want to copy from the standing ones). Your mouse will show a 'live' grey rectangle. Click it onto the impo... then.. go to 'New', in Sig window, and turn it into anything you want, page size, number of vertical/horizontal step-outs, gutter widths.... Then align to where you want them. There are some nice 'jump to' features for stuff like that now. Use measuring tool etc... to position. Lock in..  (important).
You'll need to adjust Clipping Margins. Best done so they 'kiss' each other in the gutters. Say, 20mm Gutter... 10+10 Clipping Margins. Also makes it easier to align when you're zoomed in.

Tracy

Thanks Frailer,  I will be studying that.

I have been doing the W//T's as Flat-so far :laugh:

Thanks for the tip Diddler I fixed all my plate templates
I inadvertently deleted a non essential one :roll eyes:
I will try and figure it out or post back later
Thanks guys!

Tracy

Not a big deal cuz I don't  use the 150 line screen
but I had Komori 150 line Process template

so my question is where in the template does it decipher between spot and process?

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 06, 2014, 01:24:47 PMThanks Frailer, Trainer was leary of it but I will keep an eye out for any problems
Maybe due to designers burying CMYK=0 elements that shouldn't print.   :undecided: A memory of something similar happening. Rare in my experience, though.

... regarding above question, am at home on a Saturday morning here., so can't delve into it. Impodave may pick it up earlier; otherwise I'll look on Monday. We tend to not jig with those, so don't wander in there. We construct from Stripping Sheet Templates mostly. But if you go to 'Edit', it should reveal its inner workings on each one.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 07, 2014, 03:01:13 PMNot a big deal cuz I don't  use the 150 line screen
but I had Komori 150 line Process template

so my question is where in the template does it decipher between spot and process?

In here...