XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

Interesting.  I'm running all 150 here for now.  But My Job Templates are setup/named differently.  For instance, I have Komori_CMYK,  Komori_ K+Spots,  Komori_Spots.  Same for the other machines except for the QM46, which never runs process.
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Tracy

do you see a way to change them?
mine's all greyed out

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on February 10, 2014, 05:34:15 PMdo you see a way to change them?
mine's all greyed out

You can change them by browsing through your screen sets.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

aha! I think that is how they are created, I shall not touch it for now :laugh:
got too many other things going.

Tracy

You guys probably already knew this, but I learned yesterday that you can use 2 different
impo patterns in the same layout!
This is a a job that ends up with a lip, so half the pgs are 8x11 and the rest are 8.5x11
we cut these down before folding on our duplo
weird arrangement is for the tight sheet and bleeds on the tail end only
and the front of the booklet is english and the back a different language

frailer

Yeah, you can Option/Click on a page, change size...  which is how you did it, right? ::cool:  There's some pretty flexible options buried in there.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Another good one to learn is "Versioning". We do a lot of brochures that have just a black plate change for instance, so instead of having multiple impo's for jobs you can have one set of CMY and multiple versions/layers of just K all embedded in one file. Just like you would turn on and off layers in Photoshop.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

we have a job during christmas that has black changes, thanks!

Today I had a proof with funky fat type, looks like the old rasterized type problem, but it wasn't
 it was not in view plates, or the output pdf I made or the plate I made to check it.
this is something that should never happen, I am going to call fuji but any ideas?

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 13, 2014, 10:17:17 AMwe have a job during christmas that has black changes, thanks!

Today I had a proof with funky fat type, looks like the old rasterized type problem, but it wasn't
 it was not in view plates, or the output pdf I made or the plate I made to check it.
this is something that should never happen, I am going to call fuji but any ideas?
Screenshot(s)? Upload a page for testing, if not too big?  :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on February 13, 2014, 10:17:17 AMwe have a job during christmas that has black changes, thanks!

What kind of proof file is created? Anything other than a PDF has to be flattened and my guess is the type rasterizes where it touches transparency during the flattening process.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

oops, missed the crucial thing... proof-only. You got some kinda ROOM setup? Black Magic that we use is a re-rez of the rendered XMF file @ 720DPI, but would show it as per View Plates.   :undecided:

Tracy

oops sorry, it was the hard proof that was fattened, plated fine and pdf proof was fine.

come to find out, I thought it was an indy pdf, it was a publisher file put into indy and pdf'd :laugh:

so Im gonna wait before I call it in I think

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 14, 2014, 08:16:38 AMoops sorry, it was the hard proof that was fattened, plated fine and pdf proof was fine.

come to find out, I thought it was an indy pdf, it was a publisher file put into indy and pdf'd :laugh:

so Im gonna wait before I call it in I think

Yeah, my 1st step when opening an unknown-sourced PDF... Cmd+D--> Creator..   . 'Put that thing down, kid... you dunno where it's been...'  :laugh:   .. but then I guess that's disguised after reExport.   :undecided:

Tracy

ok I found out what the problem was with the proof:
There were clouds behind my text and the text was trapping badly to the clouds.

It was the trapping of the proof, it is a known problem, they have only had a few of these so they haven't fixed it yet.
They are going to contact me again, so the solution is to turn off trapping of the proof, which is not a good solution.
I'll update you as i learn more :laugh:

Tracy

I found out that when you have 2 different sheet sizes you need to add another workflow see screen shot
if someone knows a different way let me know!