XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

nesting jobs are a problem, I'm going to have  to layout in indy.
they have an update this summer that may fix this.

frailer

Tracy, just explain what you mean by 'nested'. You mean 'ganged'? Or do you mean Assembly Sections?
Different Sheet sizes in a job are an issue, pretty sure.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Their diecut pieces that nest 4-up, the thing is I use to have it in preps
and redid it in xmf everything went great except the bleed on 2 of the overlapping
flaps, Fuji told me they are working on an update for this summer
And I will have to layout in indy :banghead:

I will post a screen shot on monday.

Also I had a 130 pg book that coil binds, mixed black and white pgs and color pages
Color ran f-1 and f-2 Fronts the rest on 6 other forms
I got my experience with the page mapping
shoo doggies, I earned my money today.

frailer

Hmm.. seems odd that there be an issue with bleeds in flaps, if they were set up as 'proper' PDFs.   :undecided:

Yeah, page mapping, when you need it, is great. And you can drag'n'drop now, whereas before, you had to key in page numbers to the field. Much slower and more prone to error.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Farabomb

Preps has issues with nested impos as well. I normally end up doing the layout in indy.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

impodave

You're better off to split the different sheet sizes into two jobs...
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Tracy

That's what I did!
less heartache :cheesy:

Tracy

I'm new to the rendered pdf
wondering if they really are a reliable pdf, and do you send your customer a high res pdf
and drop box it or something and does lowering the resolution cause a problem?

Joe

Considering they are what makes your plates they better be reliable. For a customer proof I would not res it down unless they're not concerned about quality. And yes Dropbox or any other method you have to get it to them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Are you talking rendered from your proofing route? We have Black Magic, which is where I Export from. Then have a preset to get file size down. Always call it 'LoRes' so if they zoom in they don't get a surprise, but they look pretty good still.
Maybe some details of your intended route to get your PDF?
If you need  my Acrobat Optimize settings let me know. I think it's a happy medium, and they're still emailable size.

Tracy

yeah, I have been reducing file size, but kinda new that probably wasn't right
I will drop box the ones that matter from now on.

I would love to have your optimized settings Frailer

Thanks again guys!

frailer

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on June 12, 2014, 10:47:34 AMI'm new to the rendered pdf
wondering if they really are a reliable pdf, and do you send your customer a high res pdf
and drop box it or something and does lowering the resolution cause a problem?

If your talking about the PDFs that are just exported from XMF I have been told about 2 version ago by a Fuji Rep that they are not rendered just like the 3D proofs aren't either. AFAIK the only way to guarantee what is on the PDF to plate is to use a Rasterised PDF. Maybe in the newer versions they have changed it. We Run Blackmagic to generate all our PDF proofs just like Frailer.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

ooh, thanks for that info! I don't like the rasterized pdfs
so I changed to vector, can you elaborate on Black Magic?
what do you need to get that?

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on June 13, 2014, 08:40:08 AMooh, thanks for that info! I don't like the rasterized pdfs
so I changed to vector, can you elaborate on Black Magic?
what do you need to get that?
It's a whole press-proofing system. Serendipity Software  Good bang for buck. Started by an Aussie guy but sold worldwide.. Great support, continued development.
What do you currently use for press proofs?
In our case, rasterised PDFs are a side benefit of the main game; outputting press-proofs for sign-off/press-running.