News:

Main Menu

XMF ID Error 4822-0002

Started by ddavimx, July 13, 2017, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddavimx

Hi there, im kind of newbie in the XMF actually im just the operator but today my ctp (luxel 9660) isnt working and when i start the XMF Server hangs with the Error "ID 4822-0002 Error extracting capability"

i was reading some of the topics here and i cant find any solution. A fellow technichian told me it could be my SCSI board or the cable that connects with the ctp.
any suggestions??

btw, sorry for my broken english.

Tracy

Way above my pay grade, (Yeah I need a raise) :laugh:

Can you call Fuji? do you have a maintenance license?

Did you try shutting everything down, Server, Imagesetter?

frailer

Out of my league too. Ours is a smaller V6, about to be de-commissioned. It was a FireWire connection; I know it had to be (or prefers to be) shut down in the order XMF > Luxel > Server box. Reverse for start-up.

SCSI may be different, but a Roy (The IT Crowd), shut it down and all back up again would be a first move.  Beyond that, it's a 
skilled-tech-with-manual job, I'd say.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

AaronH

Like frailer said, turning it off an on again, usually gets any errors we have on our Javelin. Our Proofmaker/Platemaker guy usually shuts down the Javelin when he takes off for the day, about 2-3 hours before I do, and we usually have to restart the XMF server to get the Javelin to connect again. Sometimes, closing a windows error popup on the XMF server box that such-and-such service has stopped can fix it too.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris