Creo Color Server Calibrations

Started by Slappy, May 21, 2012, 03:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

It would seem that we should be able to make different substrate calibrations for this damnable Creo Color Server that's running our Canon 7010, but exactly how is escaping me. The on-press documentation is for shit, our techs are useless - shocking - and I'm ready to throw the fuckin' thing off the dock. Anybody have a clue or feel like saving me the trouble of hefting it up & out?

Oh, found this incredibly useful doc too. Yay.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

It says it's based on the "Kodak Colorflow". Do you have that?
I would think that they should have supplied you some color targets to print out on different stocks that you would then read in to set up some sort of ICC profile that would be used to "calibrate' it.
I assume that you have the "Kodak Partner Place" (used to be called eCentral) to log in for the documentation?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Nah, looking at the software installed on the Canon, I can't find any Kodak stuff. I'm going to call the sales douche who sold it to us tomorrow & see wtf they have to say.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Grimace

Yikes, I was thinking we were going to want a Creo when we got our Konica, but it was more$$$.
I think I got lucky. We have pretty decent documentation too. Not that We really use it to full potential, but nice to have.

t-pat

we're doing some similar stuff trying to get our Ricohs to match our Xeroxes. The Ricoh prints for shit, mottly screens and terrible gray balance. Both are "calibrated" but printing the same G7 digital press sheets the xeroxes look way way better and Ricoh is trying to dodge the issue.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Farabomb

My first and last dealings with Ricoh ended when they couldn't have the center spreads touch in a SS book.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: Slappy on May 21, 2012, 03:07:09 PMon-press documentation is for shit, our techs are useless - shocking - and I'm ready to throw the fuckin' thing off the dock.

Quote from: t-pat on May 21, 2012, 04:36:46 PMprints for shit, mottly screens and terrible gray balance.

Wait, are we talking about copiers here?  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

So, I think I've gotten closer to what's happened at least as far as the stock profiles. According to the tech, these newer Canons don't have the capacity (or need) to profile each and every stock, there's an internal database already that they've built from approved stocks. I have a pretty good feeling that when our operator set up the current list of stocks, he just found some description of say a 100# Gloss Cvr in the machine, duped it & renamed it to our house stock of the same weight & finish. Wrong way to do it.

So I'm going to go in, wipe out ALL of those & import them from the supplied stock descriptions on the 7010. The only problem I see initially is that they have say the whole Cougar line, but we use Finch as our uncoated sheets so I'll have to find out how to get those Finch values into the machine.

And yeah, this seems like a LOT of work for a fucking copier, I know.

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on May 22, 2012, 08:55:04 AM
Quote from: t-pat on May 21, 2012, 04:36:46 PMprints for shit, mottly screens and terrible gray balance.

Wait, are we talking about copiers here?  :laugh:

our x700 prints way better. I mean you can see the difference in screens and gray balance from across the room better.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait