Die Cutters - prototypes

Started by Foozball, July 27, 2013, 06:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

Anyone here have any experience with small scale digital die cutters?
Just looking for recommendations or stories of what you have used.

I'd prefer a flat bed, or could settle for one with reliable positioning/registration.
And it MUST have the ability to score.

anyone? :hello:

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

LRecta

I have a number of customers using these for output from Indigo/Nexpress/Xerox.

http://www.thermotype.com/Cutter_Slitters_2011.html

Mikie

zund( http://www.zund.com/ ) fits your requirements. We have ran a couple of them for a few years now. They work pretty well, you send it a pdf of your die file that you would normally send to your die maker. It cuts, scores, creases, drills holes and if you sit on the new one just right ya get a real nice vibration :jammin:

It aligns itself with your printed piece optically. On the printed piece and the die file you have to have .25" dots spread out a certain way outside of the artwork. Then a camera finds the first dot, compares to file, and then proceeds to verify all the dots are where they should be to figure out where to start, and then a router on a robotic arm takes off and starts flying around the piece. Die cutting is still faster, but it is very accurate and cheaper overall if you buy tons of dies. Sometimes they use it to start cutting on a job on the zund while we wait on the die maker to make a die.

I sound like a salesman but trust me I'm not. The zund cutter is just cool as hell to have lol, you can try so many more ideas if you don't have to have a die made. Or make sure a die guide is correct if it is something complicated. Saved my ass a few times....   

Farabomb

I want one.

But first I need a platemaker.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job