Creep Calculator

Started by Joe, August 12, 2010, 05:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

For Macs. Very good tool and you can add your own custom sizes to it. Works well.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/34562
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

that's pretty cool, but I still like my Excel file. It will tell you the full amount of creep in inches and as a percent per page and the full creep of the book.

We've been using percent creep for years, due to the large number of car books and annual reports with crossovers. Regular creep just doesn't cut it.

still, you just can't have enough tools in the shed, so I have your suggestion on my desktop, just in case.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I know this guy, he's a total tool and a creep. The world is an interesting place.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Lumpy

Thanks Joe.  I'll give it a try.
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

frailer

Gotta love the (sole, so far), review on it.   Mr. Grumpy!     :laugh:  I think you better review it, Joe; restore some balance.   :grin:
Am guessing most Americans on forum...er, most of the forum, would give 3/llths of sweet F A about his/her opinion.   :laugh:  Hang on, better get the calculator out...work out the decimal.  Personally, I wish the world had gone octal. Just cos we've got ten fingers...   :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

I thought this was another thread about Tracy's dating schedule.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

almaink

Thanks Joe. I added an American reply to mister lets knock the USA wheneverwecan too.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

DigiCorn

Quote from: almaink on August 13, 2010, 08:18:27 AMMake it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
No. It's that you can't make anything foolproof, because fools are too ingenious.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: almaink on August 13, 2010, 08:18:27 AMThanks Joe. I added an American reply to mister lets knock the USA wheneverwecan too.

QuoteDeveloper is a typical American — assumes the world comes to an end at the border. This utility, potentially useful, will appeal only to Americans who, along with Liberia and one other place I forget, is the only country on earth that still uses insane nineteenth century measurements. America is only 6% of the world. If you live elsewhere, you can forget about this tool.

He has a point, Beck. This is useless for 94% of humanity. I've felt the same way with various tools in web dev when working with code developed by a non-English speaker and having to tweak & fix things endlessly.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on August 13, 2010, 08:59:44 AMHe has a point, Beck. This is useless for 94% of humanity. I've felt the same way with various tools in web dev when working with code developed by a non-English speaker and having to tweak & fix things endlessly.

Man, you are really off of your game lately. Are you OK?

Quote from: almaink on August 13, 2010, 08:18:27 AMThanks Joe. I added an American reply to mister lets knock the USA wheneverwecan too.

I hadn't even read the "review". I think some people just need to bitch about some things.

So...for the other 94% of the world. You can open the plist file and change the measurement to what ever you please. Had the 94% of the world bothered to read the text file they would have known this.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 13, 2010, 04:39:29 AMGotta love the (sole, so far), review on it.   Mr. Grumpy!     :laugh:  I think you better review it, Joe; restore some balance.   :grin:
Am guessing most Americans on forum...er, most of the forum, would give 3/llths of sweet F A about his/her opinion.   :laugh:  Hang on, better get the calculator out...work out the decimal.  Personally, I wish the world had gone octal. Just cos we've got ten fingers...   :rolleyes:

almaink did a nice job of it. I'll leave it at that.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on August 13, 2010, 10:00:08 AMMan, you are really off of your game lately. Are you OK?

I don't know, man. That was lame, eh?

"Printing & drinking since 1998..."

I'm tired.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Nice Alma, very nice. I like it. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

gnubler