Who does your color correction?

Started by DigiCorn, August 02, 2010, 10:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

DigiSig, you better start using the sarcasm emoticon or else everyone's gonna think you're a douche or something. You have been warned.

What's color correction? I don't think we do that here.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Nick Burns

Quote from: gnubler on August 04, 2010, 12:37:11 PMDigiSig, you better start using the sarcasm emoticon or else everyone's gonna think you're a douche or something. You have been warned.

So that's why... hey you guys never warned me, oh well, too late.
Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

Nick Burns

This forum's only big enough for one douche.

gnubler

Well, he just logged out. Looks like you're it...for now. :kiss:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Nick Burns

Yes, my plan is working, while you are all distracted busy bashing me...

DCS quickly! Take their cheese.

gnubler

Stealing cheese? So, who wants to talk politics?

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

ratintrap

Quote from: Nick Burns on August 04, 2010, 12:59:39 PMYes, my plan is working, while you are all distracted busy bashing me...

DCS quickly! Take their cheese.

Hey!!! :angry:

DigiCorn

Back on topic: I don't have any work atm, so rather than go home early, I want to re-profile my proofer. Over the years, it's slowly gone out a little on the yellow and magenta and a .vcc didn't work. When we had Lou Prestia do our color correction, he did out 10600 and modified it to work on out 7880. The 10600 is dead and won't return, so I need to redo the 7880... plus we changed proofing paper.

Does anyone know where to get the ECI 2002 swatches for the eye-one? I've been all over the Google this a.m. and can't find them. The ones I have in my archives aren't matching what ProfileMaker is requesting; I did some preliminary scans and no dice.

If anyone wants to walk me through the process, I wouldn't mind either.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on August 11, 2010, 10:59:55 AMhow bout this:

http://www.eci.org/doku.php?id=en:downloads
Thank you. I downloaded those earlier this a.m. Unfortunately, they're not what I am looking for. Most of it is text files, with information on color, but not on the process to build a profile, or the actual target swatches.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

rotarypower3

Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

DigiCorn

Quote from: rotarypower3 on August 12, 2010, 07:02:23 AMColorport will generate them for you.
http://www.colorxact.net/content/view/39/262/lang,en/

Funny. After I posted that, I remembered about Colorport. I ran out the two 52 line swatches for the ECI 2002 i1, but when I went to scan them in, they didn't match the preview. Something is amiss. Will try again today, I guess.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Does anyone have a good, basic walkthrough for EFI Colorproof XF and creating a new paper profile, icc and workflow?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

basic as in output profile patch, read it in, generate iterations, read them in, all done?

sorry, we don't use EFI, we got Oris. But, it's really all about the same, just a little difference in the UI.

From what I remember, it's not hard, just a little confusing, the terminology, running proof after proof, wasting paper, reading in the strips, cursing the strip reader for jamming or getting bad reads.

all fun.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca