News:

Main Menu

PDF Trap Engine Settings

Started by Stiv, October 30, 2008, 08:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Has anyone had any occasion to use the Flatten Detection on the Trap Tab?

What has been your experience with the PDF Trap Engine?

Can you offer any suggestions as to PDF creation based on this profile?

almaink

ALWAYS have that flatten detection ON. It runs some script or something that looks for atomic parts so they don't get trapped together. I use the PDF trap engine when ever transparency is used or if I'm using an FPO workflow for page imposition. It's a real time saver when you need to trap PDF's that use transparency. For faster render times de-select "allow interactive trapping", if after looking at the monitor proof you see issues just make the traps editable. Most times thats not necessary tho.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Stiv

We are testing out the PDF Trap Engine. Our normal workflow is EPS W/OPI.

So far everything we have thrown at this profile has been a complete success.

Do you have different Single Page setups for PDF w/Transparency than Flattened PDFs? Or does everything go down the same pipe?

What have you encountered in the PDF Trap Engine that has caused trouble?

almaink

Same setup for all PDF's. I don't flatten and request unflattened version 6 or above PDF's. I also use FPO's but I make PDF fpo's. Only problem with that is CS3 and CS4. They both require the use of eps FPO's. Not really a big deal, I just like to keep everything as PDF. Time spent in the PDF trap engine is the biggest problem, faster windows boxes are the answer but not gonna happen here, unless the economy picks up.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers