Marks in Power Layout

Started by beck, January 22, 2009, 07:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beck

I'm having problems building Marks files for Power Layout.

The 1st set I built (and have been using since 2005) all work great.  Scanner bars, Side Guide Marks, etc.

I need to make modifications due to some Die Cutting "Eye Marks" they want to add.

What is happening is when the we hit "Generate Marks" (Pointing to the appropriate Marks file), the marks come in stroked with no fill.  If I "File > Open" the same file in Power Layout, the marks look fine.

I'm currently downloading the old version (8.1 Rev. 4) of ArtPro I used to create those marks, to see if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

SA

Hey Beck,Im no expert in Artpro (yet) but have been trying to recreate your problem. The only thing that seems to do it on my side so far is if the first colour under the colour separations tab is left blank (all the colours moved down by one) though if you apply marks it moves all the colours up and fills the blank no. 1 spot. 
Hope this helps... though probably not as the marks get filled with white and not the no fill you mentioned. Anyways, good luck..
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

beck

SA,

I've downloaded ArtPro 8.1, Rev 4...that's what version the original marks were created in.  I modified the marks in that App, and it seems to work OK.  I'll be ripping TIFFS shortly to make sure all is well.

I know about the 1st color.  It always comes in as "Linework".  I think it comes from the CAD layout.

I'll keep you updated, beck
Joe

SA

Cool man... Well as long as it looks right on screen what else could go wrong  :tongue:
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

beck

The older version of ArtPro worked perfectly.

I asked Long via E-Mail why...we'll see if I get an answer.

beck
Joe

G_Town

Ahh rev's on ArtPro always a glorious thing to behold.

When 8.0 came out I was so excited since it handled illy transparency. Finally no more atomic regions and patching files together with tape and glue.

Got my first job through it beautifully put them in power stepper and printed it to the rip and all I got were my marks and color bars :laugh: