Sprint vs Verizon vs ATT ... whos using what. Android Phones anyone?

Started by prepressDog, February 25, 2011, 09:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on February 25, 2011, 12:51:28 PMiPhone.. ATT. Love it, no speed problems or dropped calls so far. And I live in the boonies. Of course, I rarely talk on it or any other phone. Great for text, email and web... pretty much a pocket computer that can make calls. I use earbuds for talking, so no "cell brain damage". I have other methods for killing brain cells.

I was looking at getting the 3g iPhone ($49 or a refurb for $19.99 or a refurb with cosmetic blemishes for $0.01) but just can't take the monthly charges AT&T invokes for web, text, and calling plan.

<===== cheap bastard
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Cheap bastard's guide to buying shit: I call it the one year plan.

Wait one year and see if you still want it, need it or remember it.

Chances are the price has dropped or something newer and better has come out that you can use this policy on.

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

I wouldn't get a 3gs iPhone, personally. My teenagers have the 3gs and wife and I have the 4. The retina display alone is worth the difference. It's fucking gorgeous. It's like the difference between a $150 Hanns-G flat screen monitor and an Apple Cinema display. The retina display is so high def, it makes a tiny screen feel big.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Good point because if you are going to pay AT&T rates you might as well spend the extra for the 4.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Right.  :laugh: :huh: :banghead: Ya, anyway... I think the plans are the same between the 3 and the 4 but the 4 is a superior device and like others said, it's old tech once you walk out the door with it. Why buy something that is 2 steps behind?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Earendil on February 25, 2011, 12:51:28 PMGreat for text, email and web...

Which reminds me...   you need to quit drunk sexting me at 3 in the morning and asking if I am making blumpkin pancakes in the morning....    ...and YES!, I love bacon. On everything.

:ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

Quote from: DigiSig on February 25, 2011, 01:46:56 PMWait one year and see if you still want it, need it or remember it.

A whole year? Then do you even need it at all? Prolly not!

I've been meaning to buy such & such gadget for like 7 years now. I guess it's just not that important.  :cheesy:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on February 25, 2011, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: DigiSig on February 25, 2011, 01:46:56 PMWait one year and see if you still want it, need it or remember it.

A whole year? Then do you even need it at all? Prolly not!

I've been meaning to buy such & such gadget for like 7 years now. I guess it's just not that important.  :cheesy:
spoken like a true cheap bastard
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on February 25, 2011, 03:05:09 PM
Quote from: Earendil on February 25, 2011, 12:51:28 PMGreat for text, email and web...

Which reminds me...   you need to quit drunk sexting me at 3 in the morning and asking if I am making blumpkin pancakes in the morning....    ...and YES!, I love bacon. On everything.

:ninja:

Oh sure... you wait until NOW to complain!?! Cut me some slack, it was my birfday and you give good text.  :kiss:

Ear

The Drums! app rocks. Great for annoying fellow patients in waiting rooms.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Earendil on February 25, 2011, 03:23:34 PMThe Drums! app rocks. Great for annoying fellow patients in waiting rooms.

::DROOL::

runs off to get Drums app
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: david on February 25, 2011, 03:30:20 PMif I had a smart phone, would I be instantly smarter?

No, the point of having a smart phone is so you don't have to be...  See you at Teh Time Masheen...   :drunk3:

Ear

:grin: It is teh annoyingest. Actually sounds pretty sweet through headphones.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca