When Ink on paper goes away

Started by T, September 23, 2011, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T

Joe

I can't wait until we are printing cars instead of paper. I'll bet Adobe is already working on an application for that. Maybe Quark too. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

I hope it isn't crash prone  :cheesy:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

born2print

It's pretty neat, been watching this tech since it was low res, slow and limited to 1 material. The other month I saw them "print" a working crecent wrench in 1 pass. Including the moving parts. And it worked! This is the beginning of of sci-fi style "synthesizer" we'll have in our inter-galactic cruisers!
Print me a chicken pot pie!
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

gnubler

What about printing a boyfriend or girlfriend?

I could design them just the way I like.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

T

Quote from: gnubler on September 23, 2011, 11:27:03 AMWhat about printing a boyfriend or girlfriend?

I could design them just the way I like.

Stepford?

gnubler

The women were hot, dutiful, and obedient. It could work.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tuff_gong

Quark is working on a digital buggy whip. So far, results are positive.
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on September 23, 2011, 11:29:26 AMThe women were hot, dutiful, and obedient. It could work.

Earendil has already suggest something like that in the other thread. Well, I posted about printing up a super model and he mentioned one that can't talk. Or something like that. It was a hoot.

:lmao:

Joe

Quote from: tuff_gong on September 23, 2011, 11:31:18 AMQuark is working on a digital buggy whip. So far, results are positive.

Except for the 933 character activation code. :angry:

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on September 23, 2011, 11:34:01 AM
Quote from: gnubler on September 23, 2011, 11:29:26 AMThe women were hot, dutiful, and obedient. It could work.

Earendil has already suggest something like that in the other thread. Well, I posted about printing up a super model and he mentioned one that can't talk. Or something like that. It was a hoot.

:lmao:

I'd print out a 6-foot print of Bill Hicks but unlike you I would want him to talk.

T

Quote from: delooch on September 23, 2011, 01:21:43 PMhow about building a car out of paper?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/16/artist-building-every-part-of-1969-ford-mustang-entirely-out-of/?ncid=dynaldusauto00000003

Yes but it's "Art" not an internal combustion engine. Gas explosions and paper don't mix well.  :hello: The "Printer" car is a useable electric.

T

Lots-O-Work and really cool, though

frailer

There was a segment on it here
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.