Nexus 8.5 routing to another workflow

Started by dparch, July 13, 2012, 10:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dparch

This is my first post so... hello everyone!
I am using Nexus version 8.5 and I have been having some trouble routing a workflow that creates EPS links and pages to another workflow that would basically take those files and create a composite proof for printing on an Epson printer. As of now I have both functions built into one workflow but since I don't print Epsons for all my jobs this makes it hard to manag which files are released and which one are on hold since the proof creating process stays dormant and the workflow never reaches 100%. So basically that is why I would like them separate. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

beck

We are using Nexus 10.1.1.

The way we are set up is we have a WF to do Vector trapping, and a WF to do Raster trapping.

The we have different WFs to print to various proofers, and using different papers.  We don't roll it all into one.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

dparch

Thanks for replying Beck, basically the way you do it is the way I would like to implement it here it's just that I can't seem to find a way to "send" the output from my raster workflow to the proofer workflow. I have the raster WF setup so that the EPS link converts to PS and then copies into the proofer's workflow hotfolder but then I get an error saying that the file is no longer available, I am guessing it's because the workflow processes the file, puts it in memory and then deletes the file input file to save resources but the "build composite proof" module needs a file on disk. I guess this is not the correct way of routing from the raster WF to the proofer one... How would you handle this in Nexus 10? Thanks for the help.

beck

Our Rip/Trap/Make Link WFs automatically moves everything to Job_Server.  When we want to print, we drag the .lnk file to a Hot Folder (1 per printer / paper combo).  The .lnk file points to the appropriate folder on Job_Server.
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

dparch

Got it, OK this helps a lot, thanks Beck!