Process-on-press plates

Started by frailer, February 19, 2014, 06:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

... such as the Fujifilm ProT3 (thermal). Has come to my attention that maybe these plates have to carry a lot of water, therefore more ink, leading to the obvious problems, apart from cost.
Anyone know anything about this? Even if you haven't experienced it, maybe some scuttlebutt, which is all it is at this stage.
The ProT3 has been around since '96. I like to think that as they've reached v3, that such an issue might have beeb dealt with.

... due a field visit next week.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

I just burned a set of Ecomaxx plates for testing here. Other than inverting the output for the platemaker everything was the same. Haven't run them yet but I'll let you know how it goes.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Thanks fbomb. I'll do the research on those as well; see if they're similar to the ProT3s.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Grimace

We just gave up on the Eccomax plates. We found that the water balance was a bitch to keep right.  Seemed to get lots of scumming.
Running Agfa Azura now and pretty happy.