How do I add a a date/time stamp to a digital photo??

Started by Fontaholic, November 10, 2014, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hey everyone --

The Boss has two digital photos which he needs the date and time added to both of them.

Although the date and time are both present when you select "Properties" / "Get Info", he wants this information displayed on the photos themselves -- Date of November 7, 2014, Time of 6:04 PM.

Is there an easy way to do this in Photoshop??

I need to know this ASAP, so any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers, John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DCurry

I would print out the pictures as is, then take your camera and change the date/time settings in the camera to match what you need, then take a pic of the printouts.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DCurry on November 10, 2014, 09:19:40 AMI would print out the pictures as is, then take your camera and change the date/time settings in the camera to match what you need, then take a pic of the printouts.

Oh c'mon, Dan... you gotta print those print-outs through Publisher. It completes the full picture.
Member #285 - Civilian

DCurry

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 10, 2014, 10:01:54 AMOh c'mon, Dan... you gotta print those print-outs through Publisher. It completes the full picture.

This was assumed.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DCurry on November 10, 2014, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 10, 2014, 10:01:54 AMOh c'mon, Dan... you gotta print those print-outs through Publisher. It completes the full picture.

This was assumed.

I stand corrected.
Member #285 - Civilian

Made in Taiwan

The way to go for a real graphic artist:

1. Take your digital camera and make a screenshot of the picture with it. Then download it to your computer.
2. Paste the downloaded picture into MS Word or Excel.
3. Place a text frame over the picture. 
4. Open the properties of the original picture and write down the time and date on a piece of paper.
5. Type the date and time into a .txt file and copy it.
6. Go back to MS Word and paste it into the text frame.
7. Adjust the text color: For dark backgrounds choose black, for bright backgrounds choose white.
8. Take the camera and make another screen shot.
9. Download the picture from the camera. Both time and date are now permanently present in your picture! 

:death:
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

David

you must work in prepress...

excellent tutorial, thanks!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

jannatul18

If you wanted the time and date then you should activate that mode in camera itself during taking that shots. Now only way is to use any editor to write the date on your picture.
Jannatul
Hobbyist photographer |graphic designer|
clipping path service expert

cpking

You could use photoshop Text tool for assigning the text on the photo i think this is the best solution for you.

Ear

Or you can grab your shovel and dig up another year+ old thread.  :drunk3:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black