by Lyzan
September 18, 2017, 08:09:43 AM

xx
thermochromic ink in offset printing
by david
September 14, 2017, 11:28:56 AM

Topic: SCREEN 8600S (Read 808 times) previous topic - next topic

SCREEN 8600S
How to set the automatic unload of plate at the back thru the conveyor??

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Re: SCREEN 8600S
Reply #1
take the machine OFFLINE, and then it depends on the OS running on the pad. Basically, once you get in, there's an icon that looks like a plate coming off the drum, and you press that. In there it has an image of a plate unloading in front (left), and one unloading in back (right). Choose the one that unloads in back and put back online.
Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #2
take the machine OFFLINE, and then it depends on the OS running on the pad. Basically, once you get in, there's an icon that looks like a plate coming off the drum, and you press that. In there it has an image of a plate unloading in front (left), and one unloading in back (right). Choose the one that unloads in back and put back online.

That is working what i mean is after recording the plate should be unloaded automatically in the back through the conveyor. how to set like that?

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #3
Corn is correct. I am currently running an 8600. When set to Manual Unload, it will eject through the front door. When set to Automatic Unload, it will spit them out the back slot, to the conveyor. This is how I have it set up.

It will indicate all of the active paths of travel, on the little 8-bit schematic on the display. It uses lines with arrows and circles to represent rollers. It's rudimentary. I can take a pic of my setup, if you need further clarification.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

Reply #4
Corn is correct. I am currently running an 8600. When set to Manual Unload, it will eject through the front door. When set to Automatic Unload, it will spit them out the back slot, to the conveyor. This is how I have it set up.

It will indicate all of the active paths of travel, on the little 8-bit schematic on the display. It uses lines with arrows and circles to represent rollers. It's rudimentary. I can take a pic of my setup, if you need further clarification.
yes please.

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #5
This is a picture of my interface screen, on the PT-R8600 (Fuji T-9000). The arrow at the right of the schematic shows a plate actively unloading through the back slot, to the conveyor for developing and stacking.

I am currently (in the picture) running full automation, from the cassette to stacker. Preload is off but it still semi-preloads, as long as my tiff catcher is actively sending. Full P-Load gains me about 6 plates per hour (to 24 from 18), 8-up size plates. I turn P-Load off when switching cassette sizes to save hassle.

This is a still shot but at 6% burn, the big wheel at bottom-right is animated and turning. The arrow at back blinks while the plate is unloading and the top arrow indicates loading a new plate.
  • Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:00:41 PM by Ear

• andyfest
  • [*]
  • Know your role and shut your hole...
Reply #6
Speaking of Screen 8600's we are having problems unloading plates. I found this article at PP that describes our problem to a tee:
http://printplanet.com/forum/prepress-and-workflow/screen/16466-problems-unloading-plates-on-screen-pt-r-8600

Looks like we need to replace a relay (PTR 8600 Relay for Brake - the new part number is: 100090068V00 instead of: 151162) for the drum brake, but I'm having a hard time location the relay in question. Does anyone have a service manual for the 8600 or know where the hell this relay is?
:banghead:
imac & Mac Pros on OSX 10.8.5/Adobe CC2014/Nexus Classic & PDF RIP v10.1.3 on 10.5.6 Mac XServe/Oris ColorTuner RIP w Epson 9900/Fuji_Luxel_T9000

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #7
Yes, I think I do. I'll dig around and see if I can find it. Standby...

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #8
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e55vp0pkllxjgsk/Screen%20PTR8000%20service%20info.zip?dl=0

Linky. This is mostly ole PT-R8000 stuff, but the Service Drawing 8100 PDF is also valid for most of the 8600. It even says 8600 when you look at the drawings, and I have used these to fix my 8600. Hopefully it helps...

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #9
... Look in the Service Amend Manual, within that ZIP folder. Pages 29-40s show troubleshooting sequence for 8600, as well as a labeled drawing, showing parts and locations. I used this to track down a faulty solenoid not long ago. Put your fuckin' propeller hat on, bro...

• andyfest
  • [*]
  • Know your role and shut your hole...
Reply #10
Many thanks Ear! I'll update when I have time later but the machine is fixed. The manual helped me to track down a faulty relay.  :banana:
imac & Mac Pros on OSX 10.8.5/Adobe CC2014/Nexus Classic & PDF RIP v10.1.3 on 10.5.6 Mac XServe/Oris ColorTuner RIP w Epson 9900/Fuji_Luxel_T9000