xx
Apple Hardware Test Error Code
by AaronH
July 20, 2017, 05:53:40 PM

question
Plate developer machine cleaning
by Joe
July 20, 2017, 12:25:50 PM

Topic: Enfocus announces PitStop 2017 (Read 1239 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: Enfocus announces PitStop 2017
Reply #60
arrrrggghhhhhh acrobat and pitstop are driving me to the nuthouse today.

I think i have restarted the software 20 times now, cannot get the selection tool to show me it has selected stuff... ie it shows in the inspector as being selected but no green handles to manipulate. and no pitstop tools will show up, i.e. click on pitstop edit and it does nothing,  it will not bring up the toolbar to move objects etc
 Was halfway through working on some files with images need bleed added and now it just WILL NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING.
Think I'm gonna have to restart machine, and hope that that sorts it out.
It really is crap that the software designers cannot get this to run right, the sticky notes thing really annoys me!
As well as Click on output preview and the whole page just goes grey, unclick it and everything is back again.

Seriously why is it so hard to have stuff at least as good as it used to be? why destroy stuff that used to work fine?

grrrrr...

rant over, for now

Adobe just did the stealth update to you. The fix for all of those issues is to start Acrobat and open the 'About Pitstop' window (OPTION+COMMAND+J if you are on a mac). Everything should work fine after you close that window. Except for the stickie note issue. That isn't a bug. It is a feature that Adobe is quite proud of it.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #61
yeap, I do know that 'about pitstop' fix, its part of the ritual of starting up acrobat but it still doesnt often work...  Usually this drives me nuts on monday after the computer has been shut down over the weekend, but it was left on this weekend so it worked fine until I had to restart, then I've had several hours of getting annoyed with it.. again.
Now suddenly everything is back to normal and working again... no idea why... shrugs... after 20 or so software restarts and one more computer restart.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #62
That is odd. I've never seen that fix not work.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.