A simple, free resource for finding the international standards for paper sizes.

Started by Designia(o_O), April 11, 2017, 11:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

David

excellent! and it displays in inches!

cool and thanks for sharing, bookmarked as well!

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Whoa, not bad! Wish the US Env section would carry out to at least 2 decimal points, or 3 for the pesky .625" versions.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

almaink

I had no idea other counties used a different size for business cards. I thought 3.5 x 2 was a worldwide standard. Are their wallets different sizes too?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

StudioMonkey

Quote from: almaink on April 18, 2017, 01:15:34 PMI had no idea other counties used a different size for business cards. I thought 3.5 x 2 was a worldwide standard. Are their wallets different sizes too?
There was a suggestion some years ago that the standard business card would have to be made longer to accommodate long email addresses.  The EU were against this because of the impact on the pigskin market so it never got anywhere.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Diddler

Quote from: almaink on April 18, 2017, 01:15:34 PMI had no idea other counties used a different size for business cards. I thought 3.5 x 2 was a worldwide standard. Are their wallets different sizes too?
Well I know that some bosses who I've worked for of the years, have had much bigger wallets than mine.  :gom:
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Farabomb

I'm doing some for a Austrian company and they are definitely not 3.5x2. I had to beat that into the head of bindery when he insisted I put the crop marks in the wrong place. Didn't matter all the notes saying it's not a standard BC on the job bag, he insisted I was wrong. It seriously took half the day, everyone in the shop and the boss to convince him to cut it on the damn marks.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 19, 2017, 06:58:30 AMI'm doing some for a Austrian company and they are definitely not 3.5x2. I had to beat that into the head of bindery when he insisted I put the crop marks in the wrong place. Didn't matter all the notes saying it's not a standard BC on the job bag, he insisted I was wrong. It seriously took half the day, everyone in the shop and the boss to convince him to cut it on the damn marks.

So the one time a bindery person pays attention to trim marks.

:facepalm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

Quote from: Joe on April 19, 2017, 07:10:55 AMSo the one time a bindery person pays attention to trim marks.

:facepalm:

My bindery won't do anything if they don't have marks, extra marks no one needs, etc. It is the worst thing in the world if they have to break out a ruler. Usually this is for trimming the foot of a book too so if they don't have a trim mark at .25" on the head AND the foot on a 12pager, all hell breaks loose. Funny thing too, because I thought all of our cutters had little calculator looking dealies that moved the stop...  :banghead:

They'll scream and shout, roll and the ground like a two year old then miraculously "figure out how to save the job" like it needs saving...  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Farabomb

Today was confusion time yet again. It was stone dead simple, quarter the sheet then make the border even. Both me and the boss had issues understanding just what his malfunction was. Cut it in half and half again, measure the border and make it the same all around. He was insisting he needed a ruleout. Kept going on about it.

The kicker was it was the exact same impo we used before. The only difference was me expanding the art square because the client plays fast and loose with the sizes on this master. I ended up having to show him, then giving him the measurements because he couldn't read the ruler.

Yes, this the 35 years in bindery guy.  :facepalm:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job