News:

Main Menu

Adobe Bridge CC2017

Started by DigiCorn, June 26, 2017, 10:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Anyone had luck using the "Output," feature to print a directory to PDF in Bridge? My partner here does it, but my bridge didn't have that feature. I Googled it, and it turns out you have to install it. I downloaded and installed and it shows up as a choice, but it doesn't work. Our systems are 100% identical except that I am on Sierra and she's on El Capitan.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

***SOLVED***

Ok - 3 things that were sort of unclear, unless you actually read ALL the details, and I mean ALL.

1 - Access the SYSTEM/LIBRARY **NOT** the USERS/LIBRARY
2 - The workspace file goes in the System/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2017 Extensions/Workspaces
3 - The AOM folder goes in System/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2017 Extensions and *NOT* in Workspaces

The instructions were vaguely clear, but not crystal.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Have to admit, I have never used Bridge before. I am going to have to look at it when time allows..... just realized it has a really cool "batch rename" feature for renaming any type of files in a folder. I could have used this many times in the past.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on August 17, 2017, 10:12:00 AMHave to admit, I have never used Bridge before. I am going to have to look at it when time allows..... just realized it has a really cool "batch rename" feature for renaming any type of files in a folder. I could have used this many times in the past.

You can also batch rename files from the Finder. Just learned that a few weeks ago.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Yeah that rename is helping me out also. I love it!

Ear

Nice. Had to use a script for that in the past.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on August 17, 2017, 10:45:53 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on August 17, 2017, 10:12:00 AMHave to admit, I have never used Bridge before. I am going to have to look at it when time allows..... just realized it has a really cool "batch rename" feature for renaming any type of files in a folder. I could have used this many times in the past.

You can also batch rename files from the Finder. Just learned that a few weeks ago.

In the finder from the OS? How so?

Joe

Select files. Right Click. Select 'Rename ## items...":

[attachimg=1 width=400]

Brings up this:

[attachimg=2 width=400]

Configure how you want them renamed.

swampymarsh

The Finder batch rename feature is "lite"...

If you need more flexibility and power, then Bridge or other software that offers the use of regular expressions can be very helpful indeed!

http://prepression.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/bridge-vs-lightroom-batch-rename.html

Bridge also offers the ability to work with metadata, collections/smart collections and can be scripted to add extra features. It is not perfect, but it has come a long way since it was Photoshop's browser.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on August 17, 2017, 04:06:26 PMSelect files. Right Click. Select 'Rename ## items...":

[attachimg=1 width=400]

Brings up this:

[attachimg=2 width=400]

Configure how you want them renamed.
Cool

Joe

Quote from: swampymarsh on August 17, 2017, 11:43:03 PMThe Finder batch rename feature is "lite"...

Yeah it is but works fine in most instances. As always if it doesn't suit your needs you can always look to buy a better option.

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on August 17, 2017, 10:45:53 AM

I use that a LOT for pickup jobs when there's a dozen or so files that need renaming, simple but zippy!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.