Create a "stay away" trap in XMF

Started by iancoulton, July 11, 2017, 07:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on July 12, 2017, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: Joe on July 12, 2017, 06:35:02 AMDan - what version of Prinergy are you running?

7.5.0 or 7.5.1? I ask because I am on 7.5.0 and using your trap settings it does not spread the CMY back in the image from the white text. Here is my original test PDF and then the trapped one.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

I looked at your PDF and it isn't working because the black value in the image is 88 or 89%. In the trap settings change Black Color Limit to 87 and it will do it. However, your trap will not be solid black - it will be the 88 or 89 or whatever the value in the image is. In those situations, I like to edit the trap afterwards to be 100% K, but if it's a lot of pages I may just leave well enough alone.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

How are you editing the trap? Trap Editor? We don't have that here.

Here is what my trap looks like after refining:

[attachimg=1 width=400]

If I try to do a global change with Pitstop to change that value to 100% K it only changes it to 93% K. Can't make it go any higher. Weird.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Yes, Trap Editor. Bummer if you don't have it.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!