Fiery RIP Ignore Spots

Started by Slappy, June 01, 2018, 08:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Does anybody know if there's a way to tell an up-to-date Fiery RIP to ignore spots like Dieline, Perf, Template, etc. like a real RIP would? we're forever reprinting jobs like tickets because of an FPO perf or score or numbering item that we forget to remove for the Print PDF.

My iGen Op says no way, but I get that answer a LOT form them.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Slappy on June 01, 2018, 08:02:20 AMDoes anybody know if there's a way to tell an up-to-date Fiery RIP to ignore spots like Dieline, Perf, Template, etc. like a real RIP would? we're forever reprinting jobs like tickets because of an FPO perf or score or numbering item that we forget to remove for the Print PDF.

My iGen Op says no way, but I get that answer a LOT form them.

Yes, somewhere in the interface if there is a place where you can check off separations on or off... sorry, I am not at the Fiery computer right now but it is there. (Probably in the output or color/color management pane).

pspdfppdfxhd

But that's from our Fiery XF rip driving our Epson, not sure if it's the same thing.

DigiCorn

Yes... but it's been over 3 and a half years so I don't remember how... I do remember there's a way to preview the colors on the job file in Fiery XF and you uncheck the boxes next to the ones you don't want.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

In my Fiery to Digital, I can set the workflow to use postscript3 or APPE. Fiery is defaulted to ps-3 but when I change it to the PDF APPE, it has additional features for things like transparency, layers, spot, etc... might be worth looking at the input stage of that queue. That said, I actually keep a couple of ques set to ps-3, because the publisher and word PDFs behave better. But the complex stuff I use APPE.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Ear on June 01, 2018, 12:23:47 PMIn my Fiery to Digital, I can set the workflow to use postscript3 or APPE. Fiery is defaulted to ps-3 but when I change it to the PDF APPE, it has additional features for things like transparency, layers, spot, etc... might be worth looking at the input stage of that queue. That said, I actually keep a couple of ques set to ps-3, because the publisher and word PDFs behave better. But the complex stuff I use APPE.

Publisher and word pds? Oyyy.....

DigiCorn

I just dod a quick Goog image search (I don't have Fiery XF here) and I believe this is the screen where you can uncheck the colors you don't want to proof:

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

Thanks guys, I'll show the Ops that, in an ideal situation I'd like it to happen automagically, like white knockouts & dielines in the offset RIP. The less human intervention the better!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Are you talking about the Fiery frontend tied into Command Workstation or Fiery XF the printer RIP?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on June 01, 2018, 02:28:32 PMAre you talking about the Fiery frontend tied into Command Workstation or Fiery XF the printer RIP?
Command Workstation, at the iGen.

Joe

In that case I cannot find anywhere in CWS to turn off spot colors and my CWS person says it is not possible. You would need to remove them from the PDF via Pitstop before sending to CWS.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Slappy on June 01, 2018, 01:55:50 PMThanks guys, I'll show the Ops that, in an ideal situation I'd like it to happen automagically, like white knockouts & dielines in the offset RIP. The less human intervention the better!
It can be programmed to remap colors or suppress, but again, I can't remember how. It's the same process for adding an unknown color, if you have it set up to process a certain fashion.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway