InDes Seminars_anyone else?

Started by frailer, July 06, 2008, 11:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Just wondering if others around the globe have managed to get to any of these? Have caught two so far, but this one looks like it could be above average...
Paste of content/proceedings below. In Sydney Aug 13.  Moved the mouse pretty quick to sign up.    :grin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this upcoming meeting, Cari Jansen from Typefi will introduce us to the powerful XML features in InDesign. Cari will show how you can leverage the XML support in InDesign to streamline document layout. Cari will also briefly demo AutoFit, a very neat and absolutely free InDesign plug-in (we like free stuff!)

Michael Stoddart from Adobe will polish off the evening with an overview of Acrobat 9, explaining the significance of this new version for creative and print professionals.

As always, there will be complimentary food, drink and exciting prizes. We look forward to seeing you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, should have clarified. These are InDesign Users Group seminars.

http://www.indesignusergroup.com/
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

almaink

Never saw those before. I do however go watch the videos over on Adobes site. They have new ones out for Acrobat 9 now.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

EyeTech

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

frailer

Quote from: almaink on July 07, 2008, 07:53:25 AMNever saw those before. I do however go watch the videos over on Adobes site. They have new ones out for Acrobat 9 now.

...and thanks for that, alma. I've got that link you posted before, sitting on my email at home...waiting to "do" it.    :cheesy:

Of course, my attendance at these User Group meetings has nothing to do with great food and beer/wine laid on.   :shhh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

hansonian

thanks for the heads up on the seminars. i never knew they existed before.

frailer

Have just booked in for this:

We're proud to unwrap Adobe Creative Suite 4 at our next meeting.

Mike McHugh, Creative Systems Engineer for Adobe Systems will be presenting an exciting, fast-paced session on Adobe's latest line-up of their flagship Creative Suite products. Come and be one of the first to see CS4 in action.

Attendance is free but seating is limited, so register now!

Here we go again... :rolleyes: