Separations Preview not working

Started by PR Treefrog, May 12, 2010, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR Treefrog

Running CS3 or OSX and suddenly when I bring up my separations preview palette I have nothing there. Has anyone else come across this before? Is it a simple fix or a re-install (lol really don't have time for re-install!!)
Thanks again, in advance!
Jo

Joe

First thought in my mind is to close InDesign and dump the InDesign preference file. Disregard if you've already tried that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

PR Treefrog

Hi Joe
I knew you'd answer me - but because my brain is in overdrive I can't think of where to find the preference file - can you please guide me?
Thanks again :)

frailer

Beyond the first step that Joe's mentioned...I guess if it were me it'd be Repair Permissions. Clear caches with Cocktail, or similar utility. Run fsck. Maybe applejack after that. Does sound app-specific though.   :undecided:  Most of those wouldn't take too long.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

A quick way to do it... Quit Indy. As soon as you re-start, hold down Command-Option-Shift-Control all together, (be quick).  (Windows = Control+Alt+Shift).

Fuller ref here
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

PR Treefrog

You guys are f***** legends - thank you - thank you - thank you

frailer

Quote from: PR Treefrog on May 12, 2010, 07:23:33 PMYou guys are f***** legends - thank you - thank you - thank you

Only in our own minds...which is all that matters, ultimately.   :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 12, 2010, 07:30:23 PM
Quote from: PR Treefrog on May 12, 2010, 07:23:33 PMYou guys are f***** legends - thank you - thank you - thank you

Only in our own minds...which is all that matters, ultimately.   :laugh:

High five on the assist frailer. Thanks. Or should it be a fist bump? :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.