Xante Impressia

Started by DigiCorn, June 05, 2017, 10:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Anyone have one of these? It's basically an "envelope press," but ours also has twin drawers and we run 8.5x11 out of one drawer and 11x17 out of the 2nd. It also has a laptop connected to it that runs iQueue. Here's the issue:
We can drag and drop pdfs to iQueue and do what we want with them, but attempting to print direct only works 8.5x11. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer on my Mac, and used the latest driver from Xante's website (it's from 2012), but when anything outside of 8.5x11 gets over there it denies and the screen says paper mismatch. I've checked drawer configuration and whatnot, but no luck. I can always print through iQueue no matter what... it's just extra steps. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? The driver and configuration on Mac in system preferences is unhelpful at best.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

You have to program the drawer to tell it what weight and size of paper is in it, basically some of the info you put into iQueue. I've only done it once, but the instructions are in the software manual. You go through the menu on the printer itself. I've got a Mac also, running Snow Leopard, but I've been able to print direct. We have color issues through iQueue, so next time that comes up, I'm going to try printing direct and see if that's better.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

That's all done, but it doesn't work. We have color issues through iQueue too, but we tweak the color in iQueue.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Just for jolly, what program is your file in? Supposedly the Impressia loves InDesign files. I have printed several old Quark files by converting them to PDFs and running through iQueue, and they've done fine.

I have a quirk in my setup - I can't print PDFs directly to anything from Acrobat because it's stuck on one orientation and I can't change it. I also have another envelope printer, and when I get a PDF from a customer, I have to import it into another program to print it or it prints sideways.

Have you tried saying 17 x 11 on your Mac? I have to jump through all sorts of hoops sometimes between my Mac and Command WorkStation and our Xerox. Try everything you can think of, even if it doesn't make sense. These machines are moody.

DigiCorn

99.9% of what we print is PDF. I've tried using a generic driver, making custom page sizes, etc. and nothing works.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Not a Xante Guru, but the things I know are the IP address of the iQue and the Xante are 2 different Ip's
But it sounds like your getting to your Xante Direct already.

Printing to Ique and changing to Acrobat Color Management prints differently
Ours prints better with Acro color Management instead of same as source, especially for Spot Colors
and I always change spots to Coated, big difference.

I always print to the iQue I don't have the iQue on my desktop, hmm that is a thought tho.

DigiCorn

We can only print 8.5 x 11 with a generic driver direct. If we use the Xante driver, it doesn't work at all; it's like the Xante receives the file, but thinks it's a different size from what's spec'd. If we send 11x17 and have 11x17 loaded, it will prompt us to load 11x17. Works fine from iQueue.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

That is a pain. I think they only time we've done it direct was when the trainer was here. I've also had headaches when somebody sends an envelope file with crop marks. I crop the file in Acrobat, but iQueue still reads the original size, and I have to tinker with it. I did get that same message once with an envelope but it was a job from iQueue, and I forget the circumstances.

You may ask if there's an updated driver. They updated iQueue recently, maybe the earth moved and they fixed the driver too? :sarcasm:

Go ahead and give tech a call. They may be afraid of bad press - we had so many problems with ours that they finally replaced the machine.

DigiCorn

I got a guy at Xante support working on it. I think he thinks I'm an idiot. I sent him screen shots to prove it doesn't work right.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Support guys the world over think everyone is an ID10T. The guy who services our stupid copier is more pompous than a Bass player. I'm thinking; settle down, holmes, you changed a toner cartridge. Takes him like a half hour to do it too.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Possum

Yeah, they had me jumping through hoops, printing stuff, measuring stuff, getting voltage readings, taking pix and sending them, you name it, for a month. Like I had time to spend hours on that junk.

And I KNOW you're not an idiot. That machine will put you in an asylum.

Joe

Quote from: Ear on June 05, 2017, 03:18:52 PMSupport guys the world over think everyone is an ID10T. The guy who services our stupid copier is more pompous than a Bass player. I'm thinking; settle down, holmes, you changed a toner cartridge. Takes him like a half hour to do it too.

In their defense probably 90% of the people they deal with are.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Like the customer our Xerox tech told about that had trouble with a drum. The tech got there two hours later and found that the dope had left the drawer to the drums standing open, ruining them all.

DigiCorn

We had an Accel-A-Writer way back (like 3 jobs ago) and it was the worst. You constantly had to print out these sheets and measure and type in numbers almost daily or it wouldn't print straight. I am NOT a Xante fan.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

PC load letter?

What the fuck does that mean?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job