News:

Main Menu

10.5.3 update

Started by MonkeyBoy, May 29, 2008, 11:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyBoy

After last time when I updated from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 and the issues it caused. I'm not going to do this update anytime soon until all you suckers do it and tell me it's ok.  :evil:
420MB, woot!

David

it's okay, I'm still on 10.4...

no worries here!

haha!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Chilbear

I did the update in the early afternoon. Machine is still working... took a while to update after the forced restart and about 3 minutes of things happening. So far I cannot see anything different...

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

Updated yesterday and so far no problems and nothing apparently different either.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

beermonster

is that a universal update or ppc only - coz i'm like in the dark ages with my ppc g5 10.4.11 :tongue:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

David

you gotta buy 10.5 (it's not a free update from 10.4)

cha-ching!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Chilbear

Today was a run around for me. I was using VPC and Remote Desktop most of today and was getting dumped for no reason. I tried Virtual PC and it was fine so it had something to do with the Mac OS. Never got it figured out. It connects but it times out or has a timer built in. My connection through the Linux firewall at work is laggy and was dumping me I figured. Not the end of the world but after reading about the brown strip of fur down Gnubler's back, my day got better.

frailer

Quote from: beermonster on May 30, 2008, 09:11:55 AMis that a universal update or ppc only - coz i'm like in the dark ages with my ppc g5 10.4.11 :tongue:

Ya...blissful in our ignorance, right, beer?    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

dudley

Quote from: doubting_thomas on May 30, 2008, 03:58:39 PMhttp://www.macobserver.com/article/2008/05/30.10.shtml

I have found a pretty much verbatim article at MacWorld, spread it around to coWorkers, a couple managers & on the Bulletin Board.

Following the link to the Apple boards is worth a look; also there are threads at Adobe User fora for PShop & InD.

Some of us here work PShop files locally, some open from the network & save back. InDesign files are opened & worked from server.

Regardless of Adobe & Quark recommending against working off a server, some shops do & some shops don't.

That a +.1 update breaks something that we do for a living places both Apple & Adobe in the same class as Microsoft. Blatant disregard for EndUser & our PocketBook.

At least Microsoft, when folks balked at Vista, allowed new computers to ship with Old Tech XP.

Fortunately, I'm just a Working Stiff, and do what i'm told.

Cheers,
dudley
"Hello, I must be going." --Captain Jeffery Spaulding

mc hristel

Our tech guy told us what ever you do, don't update to 10.5.3.  I was told "Even if the computer holds a gun to your head demanding that the OS get updated, don't do it".  He said it messes up Adobe CS3, and is not compatible with our servers, just as the article posted by doubting_thomas mentions.

Tim

Updated to 10.5.3 June 28th and have had problems with images using Adobe and Quark when modifying images from within the application. From now on I will be using "save as" and relinking or working locally and copying back to server. Be sure to keep your originals out of harms way. Good luck.

Joe

Quote from: Tim on June 05, 2008, 11:23:17 AMUpdated to 10.5.3 June 28th and have had problems with images using Adobe and Quark when modifying images from within the application. From now on I will be using "save as" and relinking or working locally and copying back to server. Be sure to keep your originals out of harms way. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you meant May 28th or I've lost a month of my life somewhere. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.