Shortcut to hide a program in OS X

Started by ratintrap, August 13, 2008, 10:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

I recently accidentally discovered that if you hold down the option key and click on the desktop it will hide the program that you are currently using. I suppose everyone already knows about this one, it was news to me.

-Rat

P.S. It works in OS 9 too.

gnubler

Command-H, I use it all the time. Some apps, like Illy and InDesign - you'll have to designate a custom shortcut for it to work.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

I tend to learn a few and forget them over time from lack of use.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343

ratintrap

Quote from: gnubler on August 13, 2008, 10:47:49 AMCommand-H, I use it all the time. Some apps, like Illy and InDesign - you'll have to designate a custom shortcut for it to work.

Ooh, I like that one. I'm still kind of a newcomer to OS X since the company I work for is so far behind.

-Rat

jimking

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

Hey Ratintrap you do know about control clicking right?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

ratintrap

Slappy

Cmd-Option-H for me.

Al little Menu Item called Show Desktop is pretty cool too.  :cool:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

beermonster

apple>tab is neat to show off - brings up some big icons from ya dock - scroll to whichever app and it flicks to it
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world