A Mac first - botnet is active

Started by Joe, April 21, 2009, 10:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

I wonder if it started off the coast of Somalia.?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

youston

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 21, 2009, 10:34:36 AMI wonder if it started off the coast of Somalia.?

Or maybe in an IT closet somewhere in deepest, darkest Oklahoma ...  :undecided:

Joe

Quote from: youston on April 21, 2009, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 21, 2009, 10:34:36 AMI wonder if it started off the coast of Somalia.?

Or maybe in an IT closet somewhere in deepest, darkest Oklahoma ...  :undecided:

In that case we can blame it on the Republicans! :evil:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Quote from: Joe on April 21, 2009, 10:47:00 AM
Quote from: youston on April 21, 2009, 10:40:35 AM

In that case we can blame it on the Republicans! :evil:

And why not? After all, everything *is* their fault!  :laugh:

Slappy

Torrenting cracked software that allows the installer (which needs your admin password to install) to drop malicious files onto your Mac?? I can't imagine!  :rolleyes:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

run for your lives!
everybody panic!
scream!
scream!
squeal!

oh, the humanity!

:laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

oh, bytheway, can I get one of those to go?

I have a meeting.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

What virus protection do you all use for mac?

youston

Quote from: Tracy on April 21, 2009, 01:34:55 PMWhat virus protection do you all use for mac?

Right before I send my Mac out onto the Internet, I tell it, "Hey, don't catch anything out there."

And then we both look at each other with smug little smiles.

Other than that ... nothing but good ol' common sense.

gnubler

I tried this:

But I developed an itchy rash on my fingers...chemical burns or something.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Hey Gnub, I thought you used peecees?  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: Earendil on April 21, 2009, 01:53:07 PMHey Gnub, I thought you used peecees?  :rolleyes:

Only one - and I'm actually PAID to use it. That's not a task worth doing for free. Using Windows, by choice, is about as intelligent as driving 20 minutes in a top-down Jeep when it's 38 degrees outside and wearing nothing more than a pink tutu and one sock. Ya know?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on April 21, 2009, 02:11:36 PM
Quote from: Earendil on April 21, 2009, 01:53:07 PMHey Gnub, I thought you used peecees?  :rolleyes:

Only one - and I'm actually PAID to use it. That's not a task worth doing for free. Using Windows, by choice, is about as intelligent as driving 20 minutes in a top-down Jeep when it's 38 degrees outside and wearing nothing more than a pink sock. Ya know?

fixed  :grin:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: Earendil on April 21, 2009, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: gnubler on April 21, 2009, 02:11:36 PM

Only one - and I'm actually PAID to use it. That's not a task worth doing for free. Using Windows, by choice, is about as intelligent as driving 20 minutes in a top-down Jeep when it's 38 degrees outside and wearing nothing more than a pink sock. Ya know?

fixed  :grin:

Um, I was trying to be covert. I guess you ain't too modest?