Kodak approval not showing up as appletalk printer

Started by G_Town, September 02, 2009, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

The folks in the art dept had an issue with the pc running there approval software (harly rip) IT supposedly fixed the issue but it's not showing up when we go to create a new printer. The inputs on the rip say the are running, I've rebooted and tried a few things but can't figure out why it isn't being published as an appletalk printer.

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

G_Town

Yea, I have it how do I set up a bonjour printer again?

Joe

IT fixed it huh? Any chance they shut off File Services for Macintosh (Windows server right?).
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

They had themselves a little ole bug they did and yea I checked that Joe appletalk services is running.

G_Town

Oh and they had printer sharing on and I had them shut it off so maybe they were using Bonjour but why?

tapdn

When you go to system prefs/ print and fax, click the + to add a printer do any bonjour printers show up?
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

G_Town

tapdn

~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

G_Town

G_Town

tapdn

Do you know the printer's IP address? Try that...
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

G_Town

tapdn

Yeah. Try it. I had to set up one of ours like that on my new(er) iMac running 10.5.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

G_Town

Didn't work file goes into limbo. I wonder why it's not showing up under appletalk?