More moronic windows questions

Started by G_Town, December 21, 2009, 02:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

It's a Broadcom, I have the latest driver how the #&*$# do I install it?

Told ya I don't do windows.

Joe

Open Device Manager. Go the the network card. Right click on it. Select Properties. Click the Driver tab. Click "Update Driver". Select "No not this time" in the next box. Select "Install from a list or specific location". Click Next. Select "Don't Searech. Blah blah blah". Click Next. Click the "Have Disk" button. Navigate to the uncompressed folder from your Broadcom driver download and selct the .inf file for your adapter. Finish installing. Easy peazy.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on February 17, 2010, 01:03:23 PMOpen Device Manager. Go the the network card. Right click on it. Select Properties. Click the Driver tab. Click "Update Driver". Select "No not this time" in the next box. Select "Install from a list or specific location". Click Next. Select "Don't Searech. Blah blah blah". Click Next. Click the "Have Disk" button. Navigate to the uncompressed folder from your Broadcom driver download and selct the .inf file for your adapter. Finish installing. Easy peazy.

Those are the exact same steps on how to disarm a Merv 6 warhead.

Joe

See, I told you it was easy peazy. :tongue:

G_Town

Should I reboot or say a hail Mary or anything?

Joe

It will let you know if you need to reboot. A Hail Mary couldn't hurt though. :laugh:

beermonster

want me to go to stonehenge and do some chanting like a druid or summat? cant hurt to try i guess......
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

G_Town

Did you do it cause magically everything is working now....wtf :huh:

youston

Quote from: G_Town on February 18, 2010, 06:43:19 PMDid you do it cause magically everything is working now....wtf :huh:

No, that was me, G. Wished it up for you as I was brushing my Obamacorn.

G_Town

Quote from: youston on February 18, 2010, 06:50:09 PM
Quote from: G_Town on February 18, 2010, 06:43:19 PMDid you do it cause magically everything is working now....wtf :huh:

Oh well I have this wish I was, well kinda wondering if you could help me with...you see I need extra money and I kinda thought if I was...well HUGE I could make a little money in the uh..movie business.

Whatcho think oh majik one?

youston

Quote from: G_Town on February 18, 2010, 06:56:38 PM
Quote from: youston on February 18, 2010, 06:50:09 PM

Oh well I have this wish I was, well kinda wondering if you could help me with...you see I need extra money and I kinda thought if I was...well HUGE I could make a little money in the uh..movie business.

Whatcho think oh majik one?

I think for a wish of that magnitude I would have to polish his horn. I like you, G, but I don't think I can really go there for you, man. Sorry.

Farabomb

Polishing your horn? G did say the movie business but I wasn't thinking that movie business.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on February 19, 2010, 08:52:02 AMPolishing your horn? G did say the movie business but I wasn't thinking that movie business.

That's just because you don't know G as well as some of us here do.

Farabomb

Oh shit, he's Ron Jeremy, isn't he.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on February 19, 2010, 09:47:12 AMOh shit, he's Ron Jeremy, isn't he.

Put it to you this way ... from what I've heard, Ron Jeremy aspires to be GTown.