More moronic windows questions

Started by G_Town, December 21, 2009, 02:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

mental picture is.....

disgusting

at least to me, some others may view it differently.

LOL, I said view it... hahaha
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

I have also heard this. Tone's answer... "I am a connoisseur of the fine ladies. Ronny J covers the skanks and the has beens, while I only patron the select few worthy of my presence."
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Pardon me but would you have any Grey Poupon?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Indeed. Where you been fool? I miss you. :kiss:
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

Doesn't it seem a bit of a contradiction putting Grey Poupon in a squeeze bottle???!  :undecided:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

Like Braile at the Drive Up ATM? Don't question it, there has to be a reason a blind man is driving a car AND banking.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Dont be hating our handicapped brothers...and why do they call them handi- capped? sounds like they would be good at fixing things?

youston

Quote from: G_Town on February 20, 2010, 07:42:44 AMDont be hating our handicapped brothers...and why do they call them handi- capped? sounds like they would be good at fixing things?

Ahem ... I believe the term is 'differently-abled.'  :huh:

I have questioned the braille on the ATMs myself. One the one hand, there usually is a headphone plug somewhere on the machine, so I guess the instructions could be spoken, but on the other hand, it *is* a drive-up ATM ... guess the blind person could be in the backseat ...  :huh:

delooch

braille on an atm, even a walk-up, makes no sense. its still a monitor/computer you are dealing with, the only thing stationary is the keypad. especially with today's barrage of advertisement, how are you supposed to navigate the on-screen menu without sight?

the headphone jack could help, if you have headphones. if you had them for that purpose its one thing, but i dont think blind people are walking the streets plugged into an mp3 player (i hope not)

Joe

QuoteWhy is there braille lettering on drive-up ATM machines?

ATMs are manufactured for placement in many kinds of locations, some of which are accessed by visually impaired people: the lobbies of office buildings, for example. Because ATM manufacturers cannot predict with enough accuracy how many machines will need Braille pads and how many will not need them, they find that it is cost-effective to manufacture all of the machines with Braille pads. That procedure avoids problems of inventory, storage, retrieval, and shipment as well.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

What about the braille on the food vending machines.

How would they know what's inside the different slots in the machine?
Can they smell it from the outside?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on February 20, 2010, 12:36:15 PM

ATMs are manufactured for placement in many kinds of locations, some of which are accessed by visually impaired people: the lobbies of office buildings, for example. Because ATM manufacturers cannot predict with enough accuracy how many machines will need Braille pads and how many will not need them, they find that it is cost-effective to manufacture all of the machines with Braille pads. That procedure avoids problems of inventory, storage, retrieval, and shipment as well.

That's a bunch of shit. I think there's a conspiracy to get blind people on the roads by pampering them with this shit! I mean, we all get it, YOU'RE BLIND! We all got problems. I have complete sight, but I can't take my cat into restaurants. I believe that's discrimination.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 22, 2010, 08:59:14 AM
Quote from: Joe on February 20, 2010, 12:36:15 PM

That's a bunch of shit. I think there's a conspiracy to get blind people on the roads by pampering them with this shit! I mean, we all get it, YOU'RE BLIND! We all got problems. I have complete sight, but I can't take my cat into restaurants. I believe that's discrimination.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I was just curious so I looked it up. :undecided:

And the restaurants I've talked to say your cat is always welcome. It's you they don't want in there! :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Shoot the messenger? I find guns to be too "clean". I prefer the simple elegance of a rusty spoon. Patricide has never been on the table, it is now looking to be a possibility. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

Syphon

I never thought about why braille is on a ATM machine. Interesting.
As for DSC's cat being allow into the restaurants, hey, they need to serve something for dinner. :wink:
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat