Insite Arrange Pages

Started by johnny_jay, March 03, 2010, 04:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

We have a PDF layering job (black plate change on cover) that will not allow the customer to arrange pages. I am thinking that this is a safety feature with the layering. Has anyone come across this or am I mistaken? Insite's help was too vague.

Thanks for your help!!!
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

DigiCorn

So the pdf has layers? I have tried turning off the layers and resaving as a new file but it doesn't help. Short of deleting the layers and resaving/redistilling as new, separate pdfs for each plate change I don't know what to tell you. My job was a real pain in the keister.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

johnny_jay

PDF Layered Versioning allows you to take black plate changes and combine them as single pages before imposition. It is a little like Rampage Multi Burn but works much better.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on March 03, 2010, 04:14:51 PMWe have a PDF layering job (black plate change on cover) that will not allow the customer to arrange pages. I am thinking that this is a safety feature with the layering. Has anyone come across this or am I mistaken? Insite's help was too vague.

Thanks for your help!!!

I don't have the PDF versioning feature but my one thought is, have you given permission to the customer to arrange pages in Insite? We've actually revoked the privilege from our customers because one got a page in the wrong spot and then OK'd the job and the job ran that way and they expected us to reprint it for free. If you do have that option set for the customer than I have no idea.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.