Caution with Custom Marks

Started by frailer, March 10, 2010, 05:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I like them, don't get me wrong. But I'm staying away from the 'repeat-to-set-length' function. We use (crude) solid 3mm wide cmyk sets. I made up about 8-9 different lengths, and now use them as a single placement (PDF Mark).
Someone else used the repeat function, so there's 5 repeated to get the required length. But, thems upstairs neglected to tell us insufficient depth of stock on this job. Printer asks that we remove them, pretty please. I generously say "Yes!". Find that because of the number of sheets in the job, it's taking about a minute and a half for it to delete each 'bit'. I haven't been game to add up how long it will take. 
Had they been single placements, not too big a deal.    :banghead:  This is the safe route. I do not want to 'de-construct' this job...too risky. At least I can do it while plating other stuff. Turn it into a game...see if I can rock up to the display just as the next one's ready for deletion.   :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

impodave

I've started a similar sort of thing - had one of the girls build me a horizontal mark .004x.5 inches, also a vertical with the same specs.  Have a list for them to make up when they're caught up - using three other length options = .062. .125. .25.  Later .... :grin:
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

frailer

Sounds good. As I say, my only caution with the 'repeat' function is when you have to remove or just move them. Both head bangers. And on a high-page-count job, it's slow, for some reason. Must be checking a long list somewhere.  :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.