Section Templates and Sig IDs

Started by johnny_jay, April 29, 2010, 08:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

I am having trouble with Sig IDs in a template with 2 sections. Section one mark comes out fine but section 2 does not. I am restricting the mark to each section but both still say the lower Sig number. For example  Section 1 is Sig 2 and Section 2 is Sig 7 both say Sig 2.

I also have a collation mark set the same way it is comes out perfect.

Thank you,

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

I think you have to have your template setup as a multi-section for that to work like the one shown in the screen shot. There are two separate signatures in one template as indicated by the red numbers. I have 2 ID's on the template, one for each section so the press knows which sections they are running.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

Quote from: Joe on April 29, 2010, 10:11:51 AMI think you have to have your template setup as a multi-section for that to work like the one shown in the screen shot. There are two separate signatures in one template as indicated by the red numbers. I have 2 ID's on the template, one for each section so the press knows which sections they are running.

This is how I have it set up. Everything seems fine except for the Sig ID. I pulled out my Preps/Prinergy training guide and tried some other marks but had no luck.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

Oh, that's weird then. Mine work perfectly and it looks like yours are setup the same way.

I'm on 5.3.3. Is that the version you are using?

johnny_jay

yes - 5.3.3

and no Kodak support contract - yippee - maybe I'll post to the GUA - Kodak techs sometimes do chime in
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Farabomb

Having that Kodak support contract isn't all it's cracked up to be. On average this forum has solved far more issues I've had better and far faster than any call to Kodak.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on April 29, 2010, 11:38:10 AMyes - 5.3.3

and no Kodak support contract - yippee - maybe I'll post to the GUA - Kodak techs sometimes do chime in

The only difference I see between yours and mine is that I am using:

Sig: $sig

and you are using:

Sig: $[SIG]

Which should work but it's worth a try to change it.

Joe

I just tested this. $[SIG] does not work on my template but $sig does work.

johnny_jay

Thanks so much Joe, I'll try that tomorrow. The Prinergy training had me so programed to do $[SIG] I never thought of trying $sig. :embarrassed:

Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

johnny_jay

Quote from: Farabomb on April 29, 2010, 11:43:32 AMHaving that Kodak support contract isn't all it's cracked up to be. On average this forum has solved far more issues I've had better and far faster than any call to Kodak.

Good point! When we first switched to Prinergy I was on the phone a good bit with Kodak, mostly for stupid stuff. Many calls then could have been avoided if there had been better documentation.

Our SUA was great, but things never go wrong in the trenches when help is on site.

Now to master RBA.  :rolleyes:
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

It's kind of weird because in my template, I'm using Prinergy variables like $[ImpPlanName] and $[Color_Offset] and they work but for some reason $[SIG] doesn't work.

johnny_jay

Quote from: Joe on April 29, 2010, 07:24:03 PMIt's kind of weird because in my template, I'm using Prinergy variables like $[ImpPlanName] and $[Color_Offset] and they work but for some reason $[SIG] doesn't work.

Same here as well.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

DigiCorn

Too bad you're on Prinergy. I love the Rampage marks. They make it so easy...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

johnny_jay

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on April 30, 2010, 09:15:21 AMToo bad you're on Prinergy. I love the Rampage marks. They make it so easy...

We actually switched from Rampage last year. Prinergy is not perfect but much better than Rampage for us. We needed the automation and the Insite Portal is top notch. The marks are pretty close to the same. This has been the first kink we had with marks.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert