Bridge between platesetter and plate gummer

Started by jimking, May 12, 2010, 08:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

We have a technician assembling our 4 out Agfa Acento S platesetter. He's having an issue with how to connect the bridge to the Azora plate gummer. Apparently the bridge connects to the gummer only. The transport (bridge) is set very close to the exit lip of the platesetter contain an activation switch which turns the transport on when a plate exits towards the gummer,  this way the bridge does not have to be bolted to the platesetter but it has to be bolted to the gummer. No bolt holes seem to line up, maybe we are missing something?  Does anyone have an idea or a schematic available?

jimking

Everyone calm down now, wait your turn................We figured it out.  :sleepy: :sleepy:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sorry man, I don't have that configuration or even close. Can I offer you a banana?
Member #285 - Civilian

mwc

Quote from: jimking on May 12, 2010, 08:42:44 AM... but it has to be bolted to the gummer. No bolt holes seem to line up, maybe we are missing something?......

I would guess you were missing some holes then? I usually kept them in the back room with my box of dots....or by the dot-stretchers...

jimking

Yes, send them overnight- Fedex, hailboy.  :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yes sir. Until then, I offer this as a teaser.

Now get that shirt off!
Member #285 - Civilian

jimking

Quote from: mwc on May 12, 2010, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: jimking on May 12, 2010, 08:42:44 AM... but it has to be bolted to the gummer. No bolt holes seem to line up, maybe we are missing something?......

I would guess you were missing some holes then? I usually kept them in the back room with my box of dots....or by the dot-stretchers...
Jeez, another smart ass!  :laugh: :laugh: By the way you're correct about the holes, they did not match with the bridge and gummer. It turns out the holes to use is the two odd ball hole offset between four semetric holes. It just doesn't seem to be enough support but it is after all and works great............so far.

youston

I was afraid that I had arrived too late to post a blatantly off-topic post in Jim's printing-related thread, but I see that I arrived just in the nick of time! Whew!

jimking

I'm starting to think Hailboy has a craving for bananas. Maybe I should send him a bunch?  :cheesy:

mwc

...and you could always send 'woman that is very nice to bananas' my way.... :azn:

DigitalCrapShoveler

The woman is merely a byproduct of the banana image, does not come included. I do not have a banana fetish, I do however have a fetish watching JimKing eat a banana with no shirt on.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Damnit, I was going to post a pic of a drill earlier but decided I didn't want to derail Jim's thread to off topic. Too late now I guess.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

It's never too late Joe. Never. Taint this thread... make it GLORIOUS!
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

:tongue:

Here you go Jim, make your own holes that do line up.

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

YES! And take that shirt off while you do it. It gets hot in the CTP room.
Member #285 - Civilian