News:

Main Menu

Dumb pc question

Started by determined, July 22, 2010, 01:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

determined

Where would I get (find) a ppd (are they called that on the dark side?) for Adobe PDF Writer? I have Acrobat 8.0 installed...would that print driver have installed along with it? If so, where would I find it? I searched my computer last night and can't seem to find it anywhere....
Murphy must have been in printing....

DigiCorn

There are no dumb questions, only dumb people. I is one of the dumb peoples.

.ppd (postscript printer definition), I think, and I usually just google for it, but you can do a Windows search using "*.ppd" to find all .ppd files. It's probably in a hidden directory, so you'll need to make hidden folders viewable.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

G_Town

postscript printer description.

David

When Acrobat is installed, it puts it in your printer list automatically.

Go to your start menu/printers and faxes, and see if it's not in the list.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

determined

Quote from: david on July 22, 2010, 01:35:12 PMGo to your start menu/printers and faxes, and see if it's not in the list.

I did and it's not. And when I try to "add printer" in the printers and faxes spot, I can't browse anywhere (?)

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: determined on July 22, 2010, 01:37:23 PM
Quote from: david on July 22, 2010, 01:35:12 PMGo to your start menu/printers and faxes, and see if it's not in the list.

I did and it's not. And when I try to "add printer" in the printers and faxes spot, I can't browse anywhere (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_03sYxRAg#
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

determined

Dammit I didn't know there was a camera...   :evil:

Is this why I can't find the stinkin ppd?

David

do you have reader and acrobat installed?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Go to the Acrobat help menu and run "Repair Acrobat"...or something like that. You might need the install disk.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on July 22, 2010, 01:46:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_03sYxRAg#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_03sYxRAg#

I have to wonder if that was her PC or the guy that walks in at the end. Looks like a woman scorned kind of thing.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on July 22, 2010, 03:55:29 PM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on July 22, 2010, 01:46:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_03sYxRAg#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_03sYxRAg#

I have to wonder if that was her PC or the guy that walks in at the end. Looks like a woman scorned kind of thing.

yea, upon listening closely, it sounds like she asks him if he's married...  hahaha, maybe he gave her a "virus"...   OWV. Other Woman Virus.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

Am I the only one who senses that whole video is just a put on?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

nah, It's gotta be real, it's on the interwebs.

:shocked:
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: gnubler on July 23, 2010, 06:12:34 AMAm I the only one who senses that whole video is just a put on?

No, you're not alone. Something about the way she says "A computer virus?" at the end just screams 'staged!'

gnubler

Quote from: youston on July 23, 2010, 06:57:37 AMNo, you're not alone. Something about the way she says "A computer virus?" at the end just screams 'staged!'

Exactly. Now get out of my brain.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david