I might be trying to do the impossible

Started by Farabomb, August 16, 2010, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

The issue is I have 2 Win NT boxes that are tiff catchers for the CATs. The cables are only so long so they have to be close to them. One doesn't reach and I really can't put it anywhere else. I want to be able to put the boxes next to the CATs and connect to them through Terminal services (remote desktop 1.0) so I can release the plates through the Prinergy server. This will get a keyboard and a CRT off my desk but it's fighting me. I can connect from the NT boxes to the Prinergy but can't go the other way. I've looked online but NT is a bit old.

I thought logmein but the browser won't support it. Any other ideas I'm not thinking of?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Maybe this is too simple. Are the cables so unique that getting longer cables isn't an option?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Had that thought. One looks like a scsi and the other is a 25 pin but now that I have the remote thought in my head I want to get that working. I know back in the day I was doing this with my NT 4.0 TS server in my basement but that was over 10 years ago. I'm thinking that this version of NT is not the terminal services version. That would explain the lack of a terminal server service.  :angry:

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

mattbeals

They're SCSI cables and can't be made longer or there won't be enough signal. On the RDC issue, NT's service is too old to connect to. Use VNC or a KVM with long cables.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Farabomb

No matter, stuck in my old ways I wanted to get Terminal services working. My dumb ass didn't think to check the prinergy box for a VNC client. Has tight VNC on it and I already installed real VNC on the NT box. Problem solved.

Commence in calling me a moron for not thinking of that.

Four responses and no thread jack. Must be a record.  :laugh:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

G_Town

Man you follow that dude around like a puppy.

DigiCorn

I try not to. The dude just has an opinion (or something mindless to say) about everything. And somehow he always posts just before I do. If***ing hate it. I really do.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Now I just need to figure out how to bypass the NT boot screen.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

AnnSunny

I belive u can do it :wink: it's rather simple if u've read all posts in this thread

Joe

Quote from: AnnSunny on November 23, 2010, 10:39:23 AMI belive u can do it :wink: it's rather simple if u've read all posts in this thread

:laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I can bypass the NT boot screen... once. On the next reboot it reverts.  :banghead:

Gave up for now.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler