What is this icon in Apogee Trapspotter?

Started by DCurry, September 23, 2010, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Anyone know how to use the 2 icons on the right? They say they are to View Traps and View Trap Highlights, but whenever I click them nothing happens.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

David

they're like the buttons on the red lights for pedestrians to get the "walk" and "don't walk" lights.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

The one on the left is View Traps. The one on the right is Show Trap Highlights. This only works if you use AGFA's TrapSpotter, which I do not. If it can't be trapped auto on the RIP, I manually do it in the originating app.
Member #285 - Civilian

DCurry

But it doesn't do anything. I've dabbled in Trapspotter and it doesn't actually apply traps - just selects zones that you can apply trapping parameters to. No trapping occurs til the Render.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigitalCrapShoveler

I had the same results. Hence the reason I close the window and let it be. The Docubox manager was pretty cool. This was before Pitstop had a stable way of re-configuring page boxes.
Member #285 - Civilian

seratne

I believe it will highlight the traps that are made if the PDF has been trapped by PDFTrap in the PDFReady Task Processor. It's a separate license from Trap in the PDFRender Task Processor.

DCurry