News:

Main Menu

Insite 6

Started by johnny_jay, October 22, 2010, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

We are still running 5.5, what are the new features in 6?

Thanks,

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

I've ordered it and should get it next week. Off the top of my head...secure URL's where people don't have to login to review and approve pages. Preview has the ability to zoom, go to any page number, single page or spread display, and can show both trims and bleed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

Cool, thanks Joe! If you learn anymore, please post.

John
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

I just got the disk yesterday. I think I am going to install it next weekend along with the latest Prinergy update.

johnny_jay

Prinergy updates on weekends scare me too much, we do not have a service contract.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

I don't like doing them through the week. Any disasters and I need time to recover.

johnny_jay

Joe,
I read that you are having some bugs with your updates. How is Insite 6 working for you and did you notice any improvements?

Thanks,

John
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

I assume you mean my post at the GUA forums about the page selector not working after switching to full screen preview? It seems that is a known issue, not even fixed in Insite 6.1 (I'm using 6.0.2).

Another thing that bugs some people is that anyone that tries to approve pages that have not been requested to approve is presented with a warning about "they have not be requested to approve pages" even if they have those rights. They can go ahead and approve pages but they get the warning.

Most of the improvements I have seen is with preview. I love the ability to zoom, view as single pages or spreads and being able to preview trims or bleed plus customers can approve pages/jobs from preview. Full screen mode is nice as the pages view much larger than before and you can actually read most of the text without zooming. Great for checking page numbers and dates. And "Create Secure Links" is kick ass. I really like it. I have a few jobs we farm out and before I had to either FTP the pages or SendSpace them to the other printer or I had to create a user account in Insite for them. Now I can just send them a secure link (with or without password) to download the high res trapped PDF's.

johnny_jay

Thanks Joe for the info.

I believe I did run across the post regarding Preps over at the GUA but not the page selector problem you noted.

We are looking at prepress integration with our EFI MIS System and it exports the Sigs directly into the job via Business Link. One of the HUGE problems I see is that each Signature comes over as a page set and as you know, each pageset is a book in preview. If pages run 4 up on the sheet, the page set repeats them 4 times so in Preview it repeats the pages.

Our coupon book customers love Preview because they can see a final check that competing ads are not next to each other.

John
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on November 08, 2010, 12:02:01 PMThanks Joe for the info.

I believe I did run across the post regarding Preps over at the GUA but not the page selector problem you noted.

We are looking at prepress integration with our EFI MIS System and it exports the Sigs directly into the job via Business Link. One of the HUGE problems I see is that each Signature comes over as a page set and as you know, each pageset is a book in preview. If pages run 4 up on the sheet, the page set repeats them 4 times so in Preview it repeats the pages.

Our coupon book customers love Preview because they can see a final check that competing ads are not next to each other.

John

The Preps/Prinergy bug, also confirmed by Kodak, is more a Prinergy 5.1.2.2 bug. My Insite post is in the Insite forum.

Also, the new preview does not have to just view pagesets. You can also tell it to view "All pages" but it may look like messy if the pages aren't named in sequential order.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on November 08, 2010, 12:19:38 PM
Quote from: johnny_jay on November 08, 2010, 12:02:01 PMThanks Joe for the info.

John

The Preps/Prinergy bug, also confirmed by Kodak, is more a Prinergy 5.1.2.2 bug. My Insite post is in the Insite forum.

Also, the new preview does not have to just view pagesets. You can also tell it to view "All pages" but it may look like messy if the pages aren't named in sequential order.
Like after a few rounds of alterations to select pages, blows our CSR's minds still.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said