News:

Main Menu

Old Apogee

Started by attishu, November 12, 2010, 04:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

attishu

Hello everybody,

I'm new here, and I need a little help. My friend got a Sherpa 24m printer with a old computer. I try to help him make it working. But after a several hours I'm stuck. Because before this computer was working with a server and two Sherpa printer and everything was automated.
Now he just want to print from autocad, but if we cant install like a plotter, we can make a tiff or pdf file and use the apogee software to print it. I called the agfa, they told me, this is too old, they can't help. Or I can call and pay one agfa engineer.

My problem: If I want to "just print" a text coming from the printer. (like a adobe script language)
Now I found a program, which scanning a few directory. If I copy a tiff file to here, this program send to the RIP software and that one start the printing. I spend a few hours again, now it's printing but just a nice designed error message coming with Sherpa and Agfa logo.

The end of this message: Screening: Error_Diffused

The system is Apogee 2

If somebody need this printer we can change for a Epson 7600 Pro   :azn: but otherway we really need a little community help.

Thank you

EyeTech

Welcome to the forum. AGFA's Apogee v2 is what we use for plate and proof output (to an Epson 7800) and if memory serves me there has to be a Task Processor (licensed from AGFA $$$!) in order to drive any printer attached to the server.

I reckon for the application you're using (Autocad) Apogee would be inappropriate anyway.

Why not download a printer driver for the Sherpa and install to the pc that has the AutoCad application on it?
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

attishu

Thank you, I really want, but the agfa support site isn't really customer friend. I meand I can't find a downloadable driver for this sherpa 24m. This printer built by epson (7600 Pro), but the agfa made a modification. Now can't work with the epson driver and no Agfa driver available. The installed driver is very old, I'm sure available newer, just I can't find where. (I searched with google, emule, dc)