Kodak files for Chapter 11 Protection

Started by Duffy, January 19, 2012, 08:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffy

Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Slappy

Yup, but who didn't see this coming? Shouldn't affect us in the print side, hopefully. Oh, and their damage control is already on top of it - see attachment.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on January 19, 2012, 10:48:28 AMYup, but who didn't see this coming? Shouldn't affect us in the print side, hopefully. Oh, and their damage control is already on top of it - see attachment.

Got my letter bright and early this morning too. Without a change in management philosophy though I can't see it improving much for them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Seeing as after repeated requests they still haven't changed my email address so I didn't get the letter.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Slappy

I have to wonder how this news was viewed at the 2012 GUA Conference thingy that's going on this week in New Orleans.  :laugh:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on January 19, 2012, 04:12:06 PMI have to wonder how this news was viewed at the 2012 GUA Conference thingy that's going on this week in New Orleans.  :laugh:

I'm sure Kodak put a cheery spin on it like they did in that email.

t-pat

at least they're not Zion, IL. Town is selling off City Hall to cover debt.

Chapter 11 is just a business tool. They'll shed some debt and be able to make a better go of the parts of their business that are profitable. There's a joke about filing chapter 22 (2nd chapter 11) or even chapter 33. The auto makers seem to be able to do this regularly and still produce and sell cars and trucks.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

So what's John OGrady's annual salary & bene package?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on January 19, 2012, 04:52:54 PMSo what's John OGrady's annual salary & bene package?

I'll bet he's not hurting.

Slappy

Moderately interesting take on the whole deal. I'm particularly fond of this quote near the bottom of the first page:

"The amount of pain that printers and printing companies are going to take over the next five years is immense."

Well, isn't that just a rosy prediction!  :banana:

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job