Nanographic Printing is Here

Started by Sabrina The Turd Polisher, May 09, 2012, 08:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilbear

Just received an email saying Heidy, Komori, MAN Rolland have licensed this at Drupa.

TOP NEWS
Offset press manufacturers sign deals with Landa
Offset press manufacturers Komori, Heidelberg, and Manroland sheetfed have signed deals with Landa (of Indigo fame) to license the Landa Nanographic Printing Process.

The agreements — which together appear to be the headline news from the current Drupa show this year — signal a look to the future for the traditional press manufacturers, as digital has become part of the mainstream.

Duffy

Here is a longer video that still leaves more qustions than it answers:
http://printmediacentr.com/2012/05/behine-the-scenes-of-landa-s10-nanographic-printing-press/

seems as if people are willing to put down money to be beta testers and live the nightmare , er... dream of being First.
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Laurens

I went to the presentation which was pretty impressive - even standing outside on their booth and watching it on a big video screen. I took a picture that I quite like - 'Bored by Benny'
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

beermonster

a local packaging company here has signed up for one - big leap of faith

and my besty friend went to drupe and saw it - he knows his sh*t too - and he reckons it's awesome

we'll see - looks impressive but demo's always are - look at metal fx.........and focal tone......or was it opal tone - i forget

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: beermonster on May 21, 2012, 07:02:21 AMa local packaging company here has signed up for one - big leap of faith

and my besty friend went to drupe and saw it - he knows his sh*t too - and he reckons it's awesome

we'll see - looks impressive but demo's always are - look at metal fx.........and focal tone......or was it opal tone - i forget

There he is! What up, man? How things going at the Scorpion?

The interface on top the technology, especially the fact it adheres to a multitude of substrates was pretty neato. You can definitely see where the technology of print will eventually go.
Member #285 - Civilian